◦ 2 3 ◦

After a quick visit to several pet stores and breeders, Eggsy and Clover finally found someone who sold Cairn Terriers...to strangers...at 10pm. Clover was cooing at the puppy in her arms as her and Eggsy made their way through the halls of the Statesman estate.

"Yep, we're definitely going to need more dogs," Clover commented with a grin. She lifted the puppy up into the air, singing 'Circle of Life' under her breath, only stopping when the puppy licked her nose. She giggled and pulled it back to her chest. Before Eggsy could reply they reached Harry's door. Clover looked up at him nervously, "Do you think this'll work?"

He smiled comfortingly at the brunette and wrapped his arm around her waist, "I hope so. Even if it doesn't, we did our best and we still have each other."

. . .

At the sound the door opening and closing, Harry Hart jumped in surprise and straightening up in his bed once he saw Eggsy and Clover standing in the doorway. "It's alright, don't panic," Eggsy tried to ease the man who looked between them nervously, "Just thought we'd bring you a little leaving present."

"What do you think?" Clover ask as she moved over to the other side of the bed Harry was perched on, "Isn't he lovely?" Harry let out a noise of agreement and smiled. "Would you like to hold him?" Harry grinned at Clover's question and she eased the dog into his arms. 

Her stomach twisted into knots as she thought about what she was going to have to do. Her, Eggsy, Ginger and Merlin had all agreed the shock and reminder would be best and most effective coming from her. Her heart broke as she watched Harry hold the puppy up to his face, similar to how Clover had done. She slowly lifted the gun and dropped her expression to become a steely, blank one with nothing behind her eyes.

"So Harry," She began with a flat voice, pointing the weapon at the dog, "What do you think of me shooting him?"

"Are you quite mad!?" The older man exclaimed and rushed out of his bed. Clover sprung into action launched herself around the bed to come face to face with him.

"What!?" Clover demanded, her voice raised, "You don't want me to!?"

"No!" He yelled in reply, frantically moving around the room, "You can't!"

"And why's that?" Clover growled, following his every move.

"Please!" He begged to Eggsy who shook his head sadly and quickly exited to the room, moving to watch from the other side of the mirror. Harry looked around for help desperately, still trying to get away from Clover, "You'll have to shoot me!" 

Clover laughed darkly, "Believe me, that won't be a problem."

"No!" Harry backed up against a wall as she closed in on him, "No one's sick enough to shoot a puppy!"

"Oh really!?" Clover yelled, getting even closer to him and he cowered against the padded wall, "You were sick enough to shoot a fucking puppy! What?" She continued mockingly,  "You don't remember? You were sick enough to shoot a puppy!" He looked around frantically, flinching at nothing and Clover was worried may have she'd taken it too far.

"It was a blank!" Harry cried, broken and Clover felt tears of relief stream down her cheeks. She nodded frantically as her voice caught in her throat. "It was a fucking blank!" He yelled.

"Yes!" She whimpered, "It was! It was a blank."

"I would never hurt Mr. Pickle!" 

Clover stepped closer to him, lowering the gun as she shook her head, "Of course you wouldn't. You loved him."

"He lived to a ripe old age! He died of pancreatitis-" Before Harry could finish, he looked down at the dog in his arms. "You're not Mr. Pickle..." He said and the dog let out a small yawn. He looked back up at Clover who was frozen in her spot.

"Clover..." He breathed and she dropped the gun to the floor with a whimper.

"Dad..." Harry felt tears gather up in his eyes as he looked upon the girl in front of him. She was shaking, her nose red and her cheeks stained with tears that didn't seem to stop coming. He opened his arms to her and she ran into them, collapsing onto his chest as he body shook with sobs. 

"It's alright," He whispered, pressing a kiss against her hair, "I'm here."

"I've m-missed you s-so much," Clover said, her voice weak as she hiccuped, "P-Please don't leave me a-again."

Harry shook his head as he began swaying with Clover in his arms. "I would even dream of it," He assured her, "Nothing could make me leave you, I'll always find my way back to you."

It was then that the door opened, drawing Harry's attention. He tensed, though he didn't let go of Clover who didn't bother to look to the door, already knowing who it was gonna be. Harry relaxed after seeing the figure that had walked in.

"Eggsy," He greeted with a smile. 

Clover, sniffling, mumbled, "Get in here."

He chuckled and wrapped his around the two of them, Harry moving to embrace Eggsy with one arm, patting him gently on the back as he pulled away.

Harry's face then dropped slightly, "Valentine has to be stopped-"

"No, I know-" Eggsy tried to reassure him but Harry interrupted.

"He has a device-"

Clover pulled away and looked up at him with a smile, "It's okay, Dad...we sorted it."

"You did?" He asked the pair, surprised and they nodded.

"We've got a lot of catching up to do," Eggsy told him before he glanced at Clover, sending her a comforting smile as if to say, 'I told you everything would be okay', and he was right.

Harry looked between the pair with a raised eyebrow but before he could say anything, he was interrupted by Merlin standing at the door, "Well, well," The Scottish man began, "I suppose I should cancel the taxi."

"Yes, if you don't mind..." Harry said, unable to contain his smile as he greeted his old friend, "Merlin."

"Welcome back," Merlin replied, equally as happy, "Galahad."

. . .

a/n:

a shorter chapter, I know! But I wanted harry and clover's reunion to be the main focus of this chapter :D

I hope you guys enjoyed it!!

as usual pls let me know what you think!!!! 

also please ask any questions you have for a Q and A :D

xx Clara