◦ 3 4 ◦

The group slid their guns (and knives) across the red and white tiled floor. Eggsy raised his hands to Whiskey, edging forward ever so slightly. "Whiskey. We are all on the same side here. You've had a head injury. The exact same thing happened to Harry. You're havin' some sort of brain glitch."

"Nope," Whiskey said, stepping closer, "My brain's all good, kid. And you know what? I reckon the same was true for your friend Harry over here," Eggsy and Merlin looked at Harry though Clover refused to remove her gaze from the traitor in front of her. "Real fine instincts, I'll give him that. Clover too, you saw straight through me with that vile, didn't you, Sugar?" She remained silent. "So you four stay still... or I'll dice him up so small, you can take him home in a bucket."

"Well, that's just fucking magnificent," Merlin scoffed.

"You're working for the president?" Clover asked. While her voice was calm she was fuming, betrayal bubbling away in her chest, her fists clenched tightly.

"That asshole?" Whiskey chuckled, "Hell no. It's a matter of personal principle, Agent. No more drug users. And the Statesman share price rockets."

"So those are your principles? Making money?" Eggsy sneered, "It's like Clover said... our agencies were founded to uphold peace. To protect the innocent." 

"Do you wanna know who was innocent?" Whiskey asked, his voice wavering, "My high school sweetheart. Love of my life. Pregnant with my little boy. He'd be about your age now... if his mama hadn't got caught in the crossfire when two meth head freaks decided to rob a fucking convenience store. A world without those people in it... sure smells like peace to me. You break the law, you pay the price. Good riddance... to all of them."

Clover saw the sadness in his eyes as he talked about his wife and child and felt a twinge of sorrow in her chest as she spoke. "Whiskey..." His eyes snapped to meet hers, "I'm sorry... about your wife and son. Nobody deserves a fate like that, especially two innocent people. But..." The man's gaze hardened and his jaw clenched. "Do you really think this will work? Do you really think killing millions of people is the best option here? You'll be no better than those men if you stand by and let this happen. Would your wife want that-"

"Don't you dare try and talk for my wife." He spat. "The people dyin' ain't innocent, Sweetheart."

"So people who self-medicate? They're not innocent? People who have been born into that kind of lifestyle and have never been offered a way out? They're not innocent? Of course there are bad people who use drugs. There are bad people everywhere. In every group. Hell... There's one in this room right now," She spat her last sentence with venom.

"And you got a better option, Sweetheart? Cause as far as I see it, we waste time, money and resources on this scum. They end up straight back in jail the second they get out... I think it's about time we stop that cycle." 

"You're right..." Clover nodded her head, "It's time that cycle stopped. But this?" She gestured to all around her, "Is not the way to do that. The criminal justice system fails so many of these people... They are left with absolutely no support once they leave prison apart from occasional parole meetings. Therapy could get to the route cause of the person's drug addition... Rehabilitation... There are so many more positive ways to go about this instead of killing a major portion of the population. I'm not saying that what happened to your family was okay, and I'm not saying you don't deserve justice for it. But this?... This is not justice."

Whiskey laughed, "I admire the fire inside ya, Sugar, but I really don't care," Clover's stomach dropped and she glared at him. "Now, slide the case over, Agent Galahad." Harry took one hand from the lasso around his throat to close the case and slide it across the ground to Whiskey who caught it with one foot, a smirk on his face. "Thank you."

"Do you know what, guys?" Eggsy asked stiffly, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. "I think he's got a point." Whiskey looked surprised and the Kingsman looked at him with confusion. "I think it sounds like a bright idea." Their faces morphed into ones of understanding as he pulled his watch out, blinding Whiskey with the flash setting.

Harry grabbed onto the lasso and he and Merlin pulled it from his neck just as Whiskey pulled out his gun. However, Harry was quick to disarm him with a flourish of the lasso. Whiskey light the lasso up, the bright blue buzz of electricity making its way up the rope. Harry managed to pull the lasso from his neck just before the blue had covered the entirety of the rope. 

"Sit down and don't move!" Eggsy yelled to Clover who looked at him, confused.

Whiskey kicked Poppy's case away as Clover spoke, "What? You want me to just sit here and not help?"

"Yeah, pretty much!" Eggsy replied as he and Merlin ran towards the guns Whiskey had taken from them. The American tried to swipe at them with the electrified lasso, however Merlin simply slid under it as Eggsy narrowly flung himself through the hole of the lasso.

"You're hurt, dear," Harry told her, calmly.

"I'm fine-," Before Clover could finish defending herself, Whiskey spun around, swinging the rope towards the pair. They darted out of the way, the lasso sliding through the metal of the stools like a hot knife through butter before Whiskey's attention turned back to Merlin and Eggsy.  Harry and Clover hit the ground and it took everything in Clover not to scream. Tears sprung to her eyes as she wheezed out, "You know what? You're right."

. . .

oOPS : ) he l lo sjdkhfkjshdf sorry about the long wait that's my bad, I'm just Very Anxious about how to end this book especially since we don't really know when the next one's coming out and I don't really have any desire to write about King's M...

oOPS : ) he l lo sjdkhfkjshdf sorry about the long wait that's my bad, I'm just Very Anxious about how to end this book especially since we don't really know when the next one's coming out and I don't really have any desire to write about King's Man (which could change once i see it who knows) idk the longer i left the book the more anxious i got if that makes any sense??

ANYWAY DKFJHKSDHF

I graduated university girlies!!!

am i gonna get a job with my criminology degree??? Unlikely. Am I gonna make my OC rant about the criminalisation of drug use and the failures of the criminal justice system? :) Yes. Absolutely.

I hope yall can forgive me for the long wait Yet A g a in and that yall enjoyed the chapter nonetheless

xx Clara