◦ 2 9 ◦

Ginger and Merlin were quick to gather coordinates from Wu Ting Feng's email. Following news that Whiskey would soon be back on his feet, the agents boarded a jet to Cambodia. After several hours in the air, most of which Harry, Clover and Eggsy spent catching up, Merlin entered the main cabin, "Sorry to interrupt, gang. We're nearly there, so I suggest we get ready." Merlin led them into another room that held a double bed and a lounge area. He stood at the end of the room and tapped a button. The intricately designed wooden panel slid to the side to reveal four suits with a variety of accessories from Stetson hats to boots, all neatly aligned on the shelves behind the suits.

"Oh, yes," Eggsy said with a grin and Clover couldn't help but agree, moving forward to run the soft material between her fingers.

One by one, the agents dressed into their designated suits with Merlin being the last to change. Eggsy and Clover sat beside each other on the couch with Harry in his own chair opposite them. "Hey, hey, hey!" Eggsy began as the Scott stood in front of them, an umbrella and briefcase in either of his hands, "Looking good, Merlin!"

"Feeling good, Eggsy," He replied with a small chuckle and proud smile. 

Clover grinned up at him, Merlin was like a second father to her. He had always been there for her as a child, particularly if Harry had done something such as refusing to give her the lollipop he knew she wouldn't even eat. She'd go stomping her little feet all the way to Merlin with a pout on her lips and tears in her eyes and he would swoop her up in his arms and press kisses to her forehead and wipe her tears. Even now, more than a decade later, he'd been there to clear her tears as she grieved Harry's death.

"You alright, Goose?" Merlin's voice asked, interrupted her train of thought.

"Yeah," Clover replied with a grin. Merlin smiled softly down at her and kissed her forehead.

"Oh! This is yours," He handed Harry an umbrella before moving to Eggsy and handing him the briefcase, "That's for you."

Clover feigned a pout as she looked up at him, "Where's my present, Merlin?"

He rolled his eyes, "I've only got two hands, Goose, all in good time." Merlin then moved over to the pool table in the middle of the room. With the press of a button, the top began to lift, revealing to the agents an assortment of guns, knives and other gadgets. They were quick to join Merlin at the edge of the table as he began handing items around. 

He gave Harry a wooden bat, "Press the 'S'." Harry did as he was asked and panels extended from the tip and fanned out, "Minesweeper," Merlin told him, "Courtesy of Statesman."

"And what about this?" Eggsy asked, plucking what appeared to be a softball from the table.

"Careful," Merlin warned, "Those are hand grenades." Eggsy examined it for a moment before Merlin moved on, grabbing a case from the compartment, "As discussed, this is for the endgame." Merlin gave it to Clover, "I'm entrusting it to you." The brunette opened the box, inside it was a small needle filled with a golden vial. She turned it to Harry and Eggsy who nodded in approval. 

"And I'm entrusting this," Merlin reached back into the compartment and pulled out a large, sharp knife, "To me." Clover giggled, shaking her head in amusement.

. . .

The group traversed through the Cambodian rainforest with little difficulty, though that wasn't to say they enjoyed it. Merlin had his knife raised to cut down any branches or leaves that got in their way while Eggsy kept the minesweeper directed to the floor, the gentle ticking bouncing off the trees.

"Fuck me," Clover huffed quietly, "I'm never going anywhere near a rainforest again, ever in my life."

"Language," Harry muttered, not taking his eyes off the path.

"Yeah, Clove," Eggsy whispered with a grin, "Watch your mouth." 

Clover glared at him playfully, however before she could respond they came to a large wall of foliage. A peak through the plant confirmed that they were at the entrance of Poppy's base.

"Right," Harry began, "This is where we split up. Pincer movement. Merlin, you're with me. Eggsy, Clover,  you two signal when we're in position."

Eggsy and Clover nodded and started to move away. However, as soon as Eggsy had put his foot down, a quiet beep rattled through their ears. The group all paused before they looked down to Eggsy's foot that was directly atop a mine.

Clover's stomach dropped, her blood running cold as she stepped closer to him. "Goose," Merlin warned, looking at her sharply and she stopped. Merlin then turned his attention to Eggsy, "Don't move. You move, we die," Eggsy nodded in confirmed and Merlin slowly lowered himself to the floor, opening the briefcase he'd given Eggsy. He pulled out a silver canister labelled 'deodorant', "Luckily, I have this." Clover eyed him suspiciously knowing exactly what it was and how long it would last for, having been shown it during training. She struggled to see how it would offer a permanent solution to their problem with the freeze only holding for several seconds. 

Suddenly, Clover realised exactly what Merlin's plan was.

"This spray will freeze the trigger mechanism...Give us a split second," Merlin continued and began spraying around the mine, white tendrils building up around the now cold metal.

Clover took a deep breath.

"So on the count of three-"

. . .

a/n:

sorry it's short and pretty boring!! This was just the best place to cut it oOP-

i hope you're enjoying it though!

xx Clara