//*~5~*\\

I wake up to see Shade sitting in front of me, I flinched when I saw him. "Jesus fucking christ, do you always have to do that?!" I whisper to him, Sam was still sleeping. "I am sorry Fandom, but you were asleep. I didn't want to disturb your hibernation." He tells me. "Wait, did you watch me sleep ever since you got back here?" I ask, he nods.

"You could have just woke me up."
"But I didn't want to disturb you, and besides, it looks like you are a very protective human over one of the kits." He says, I nod. "Does he belong to any one of them?" I ask.

"Sadly, he does not. He was found in a cave not too far from here with his brother." He tells me. "His parents abandoned him or something?"
"Their parents were killed... by your kind." He tells me.

I look at Sam, then back at Shade. "I... I'm sorry..." I apologize. "It is not your fault Fandom." He says. "By the way, since you told me he has a brother, where is the other one?" I ask. "He is probably getting himself into trouble. Like always." He tells me. "A troublemaker I see." As I giggle, he does too.

"Hey! We need you! Now, and hurry!" As one just busts in. I jump up. "What's the problem?" I ask, he looks at me.

"This is none of your concern human!""What is the problem?" Shade asks

"What is the problem?" Shade asks.
"One of the kits is stuck in a tree! None of us can get him down, and he is all the way at the top!"
"Then let's go!"

"Could I help?!" I ask. "Why would you help? You can make this worse!" As Shade put a hand on his shoulder, he looks at him. "Just trust them. They can probably help us in this situation." He tells him. The one sighs, "fine. But hurry! We do not have time!" As we all run to where the other ones were. Even Sam followed us.

~~~

Once we got there, I see all of them surrounding a huge tree. I look up to see the other small one. He was on the branch, high up. How in the ever living fuck did this child get up there! Or in this case, how the fuck did he manage to climb a tree this fucking tall!

"How do we get him down!?"
"How did he get up there?!"
"None of us can climb a tree that high without missing a branch, or getting our claws stuck!"
"He is stuck up there forever!"

As I walk up to them. They all look at me. "Maybe I can help?"

"How could you, a mortal like yourself, help in this situation?" The leader asks. "He's going to fall!" One yells, as we look to see the one in the tree hanging from the limb! I look at Sam to see he has my hoodie. "Can I have my hoodie for a second?" He nods and gives it to me, as I walk up to the tree. They all moved out of my way.

I wrapped my hoodie around the tree tight, then started to climb the tree.

~~~

I managed to make it to the first branch. I grabbed a hold of it, pulling my self up on to the branch. Then, I steadily and carefully, try to balance myself to stand on the branch. As I was doing this, I look up to see that the kit was still holding on to the branch, trying to pull himself on it.

I tie my hoodie around my waist, then start grabbing branch after branch. When I got to one that was out of my reach, I look around to see if there was another branch to get to, which I found one. I look down to see I was at a great height to falling to my death. I look back at the branch. I was about to make a risky move, like those people would do in those movies. I jump.

I successfully grabbed the branch, hanging. I pull myself up and once I did, I see that I was about a few branches away from the kit. Which he is now on the branch. I continue to climb the tree, until I got to where he was. He sees me.

"Wh-Who are y-you!"
"Don't worry. I'm here to get you down" I tell him in a calm voice.

"I-I don't trust a h-human like y-you!" He says as he was slowly moving back. I hear the others below me, yelling and screaming in fear. "Look, I won't hurt you. I'm only up here to get you down little buddy." I try telling him in a calm voice, slowly approaching him. Every move I make closer to him, he moves back.

He didn't realize that he was about to back off the edge of the branch above me. "Just trust me. Please."

"No! Humans l-like you are bad news! I will never trust y-" he fell off the branch, I quickly made a move towards him and...

I manage to catch him, by his tail. I quickly pull him up and carry him. He was now clinging to me, his small claws were digging into my skin. I tried ignoring the pain, then sat on the branch. Holding him close and petting his head, trying to calm him down.

 Holding him close and petting his head, trying to calm him down

"Shh... it's okay. I got you. You're safe now." I tell him calmly. He was shaking like no tomorrow, even crying. I look down to see the others cheering, I smile. I try untying my hoodie, putting it on while trying to hold on to him, which I managed. Then putting him in my hoodie, he wrapped his arms around my neck. "Now, I need you to hold on. Okay?" I tell him, he nods and hides his face. Then, I try making my way back down to the ground.

~~~

I was finally on the ground, I pulled him out of my hoodie and held him. They all look at me surprised. "What."

"We wouldn't have thought that you would save him..." one says surprised.
"Why would I do that? I'd never leave a pack member behind. Hurt or not, no one gets left behind. No Matter What." I say.

"I can not believe I am saying this, but Fandom." The leader, I named him Zafiro, walks over to me. I look at him. "Yes?"

"Would you like to be apart of our pack?"
~~~