Chapter 2 - Foxes in sheep's Clothing (Part 13)

The day was overall calm. Asriel had called Amber to ask her out but she had homework to do so the prince just went out for a walk. On a cloudy Sunday, it was quite hard to find anything appealing, no matter how interesting it might be. He wandered around the city, paying no mind to the people watching him walk by with an awe expression. Not that he could help it though. He was still the Monster prince after all.
The city was quite the place. Even in a grey day, the sound of children playing in the park, people rushing in and out of the shops, supermarkets, the mall... It was very lively during the day. Occasionally, the prince saw some monsters chatting with other humans, putting a smile in Asriel's face. Both humans and monsters living together in harmony was what he always wanted, and now that was possible and happening.

His phone buzzed, snapping the goat prince out of his thoughts. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. It was Asgore calling. He picked up the call
"Hey dad. Where have you gone to?" He greets, waiting for his father's reply
From the other side, Asgore replied but his tone was very grim.
"Asriel, I need you to come to the Prime Minister's office immediately"

The prince raised an eyebrow
"Why? Something wrong?"
"You will see when you arrive, son. This is very serious" The call cuts and Asriel looks at his phone with a confused expression. It wasn't normal for his father to call him over to political matters, especially when he was ina  conference with the Prime Minister. Something was not right.

Once at the office, Asriel knocked on the door. When he opened, his eyes opened widely as he saw what happened. The Prime Minister was dead. His corpse was sitting at the table, his skin completely voided of it's colour and his eyes blown out, causing blood to slide down the rotten-looking face of the now dead Minister. Asgore was talking on the phone, calling the police who were on their way
"Did you do this dad?!" The prince exclaimed, horrified with what he had just seen.
"No. When I arrived, the Minister was already dead. The poor man" Asgore was desolated as well. Both the Minister and the king had become good friends overtime, and seeing the man dead had nearly made the goat man break down in tears.

Soon enough, the police sealed the office, investigating the murder. The goats were questioned, proving no connection to the murder whatsoever. After that, the chief officer came up them
"We will need to look into this matter. The President was informed and he authorized us to allow your leave. You will be notified about this Mr. Dreemurr but we will need you to speak later on about this matter. You may go now" And with that, the chief left to the office while the king and the prince left the offices. They were still in a grim mood, not knowing what to do about this. Frisk was seen coming up to them, already knowing what had happened.
"Hey dad, bro." He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets "What will we do now?"
"Nothing" the king said with a sad tone "but whoever did this has to be found and punished"
"Where the heck did you come from?" Asriel asked Frisk, to which he replied
"Went to call the security guard when me and dad came over. And as usual, no camera footage. I dunno what these guards do with their lives. Can't even guard an office building, no wonder the Minister was killed." The human huffed "What I find real strange is how he called over to his office and the Minister said to let us up. Do you think it may have been suicide?"
"No, cannot be. Mr. Hawkeye was a good man. Why would he commit suicide in his own office?" Asgore replied, somewhat baffled at the human boy's remark
"I don't know about you, but something here doesn't smell good and it ain't me." Asriel said, glancing back at the office building.

What was once a calm and boring day, turned into chaos in the blink of an eye. The news were flooding with the Prime Minister's murder, people gossiping about what happened and rumors about suicide were spreading like wildfire in a forest.
At home, the prince sat at his desk, writing down in his diary. A million thoughts went through his head. He had called Alphys earlier and she already knew about the murder. He also called Amber. Again, she knew about it too and she was scared. The Prime Minister was basically the go-to man when it came to national problems, since the President usually just handled the politics. And now with the Minister dead, people feared what would happen next.

The next morning, Asriel walked downstairs, only to find a man dressed in a suit, talking to Toriel. When he approached, he asked
"What's going on?"

The man looked at him. It was George, a lawyer and friend of the royal family
"Your father was arrested."