The Lunch Date

Blake POV

I walk out and wait for Yang by the stairs, she didn't come out for like, a good 10 seconds. She walked out, closed and locked my door, and headed my way. "What took so long?" "Nothing, don't worry about it. Where we eating? i'll pay!" I was still focused on the whole missing for a bit part, what did she mean by "Don't worry about it"? 

 I can't force her to tell me, but i can make sure she doesn't kill herself trying to help me. "There is this sandwich place i'm dying to try, i think it's called Torches Sandwiches, or something" Yang pulled out her phone and I saw her type something.

"Yep, found it, it has a 4 star rating so it must be good." she smiled and grabbed my hand and started to head downstairs. the landlord sees us and said "Miss Belladonna, i do hope you aren't being a problem for miss Xiao Long here." They look over at yang and raise an eyebrow.

"Is she being a problem for you?" "Nope, we're heading out to grab a bite to eat." she says happily, not letting go of my hand. The landlord turns to me, there stupid fat face. "Miss Belladonna, shouldn't you be packing and getting out of my building?" "I'm mostly packed, and ready to go."

They look me up and down in disgust. "What are you talking about? I haven't seen you bring down a single box!" "That's because i'm moving in with Yang." we quickly walk out the door to get away from the conversation, we know the policy, it is allowed so there's nothing more to talk about.

We step outside, and Yang puts on her helmet, and hands me one. I get on and she speeds off to the shop.

A bit late, we arrived at a small shop near the mall, with a sight that read "Torchwick's sandwiches" we walk in and the smell of fresh bread hits. I look around the shop a bit.

The tiles are white and green an a checker borde pattern, you can see inside the small kitchen from a small bar, witch had little stool's with red tops. The front of the shop had small tables, 2 seats at each, and a window so you can see out, but it just looks like a black screen looking in.

A short girl with pink and brown hair walked up to us with a borde. She wrote something on it and turned it around to show us. "Welcome, please have a seat anywhere" I looked at Yang to see where she wants to sit, and she pointed to one of the tables.

We sit down and the girls wrote again. "I'm Neo, and I'll be your server today." The name Neo rang a bell. I look at Yang, "Aren't you fighting a girl named Neo?" She looked at me with a smile. "Yeah, but this isn't her, just a coincidence."

She wrote again. "Ok, I'll give you time to look at what you want, can I start you off with drinks?". Yang nods, "I'll have a water." The girl too out a note pad and wrote that down, and then looked at me. "Um, I'll have theeeeee" I looked at the menu to see if that have any tea. "Yeah, I'll have the Assam tea please" the girl nods and walks off.

"That was weird." I say, referring to her writing on a borde instead of talking. Yang shrugs holding her head on her hand, looking out the window. "Yeah, I guess, she could of lost her voice or something."

I never considered that, but something seems to be bothering  Yang, what is it? "Something wrong?" She shakes her head but doesn't stop looking out the window. She was just happy, is it because of me?

"Did something-" a man with a hat on,  he had on a white trench coat on, and black pants, he also had a red and black cane. "Well well well, what do we have here?" He said putting his hand on the table and leaning on it.

"Torchwick" "Long" they greeted each other. "How's that sister of yours doing?" Yang looked at the man instead of the window. She set her hand down and sat up. "Happily married with a kid, and you aren't going to do shit about it."