Nineteen: What the Cat Dragged In

Harriet's ship was much bigger than Pandora had imagined

Harriet's ship was much bigger than Pandora had imagined. She still hadn't caught sight of the ship's captain of the S.S. Hadria. Pandora wondered why she had chosen the name and what it meant but she knew she wouldn't be getting an answer from her. She knew that this wasn't a friendly chat. She was her prisoner not her friend. Harriet meant business though Pandora was yet to meet her.

They tied her to a pole and raised their hats in salute to Sammy before running off of the ship, glad that they could get away while they still could. Sammy was unfazed by it, glancing at Pandora momentarily before calling upon a pirate to watch her while he got Harriet.

"The name's Big Murph." he said. "You can call be Murph."

"Um okay." Pandora said. "I'm Pandora."

"I've heard." he said, circling around her. "What brings a princess like you around these parts? I'm sure your father would be worried sick."

Of course everyone here knew her father. Of course they did. Just her luck that all of the pirates on this boat were descendants of the pirates on Captain Hook's boat. She had the greatest luck. She loved it so much.

"I'm sure he's fine." Pandora said. "He can get on one day without me."

"One day?" Murph laughed. "Sorry Pandora but you're not getting away that easily. While Quinn taunts your little friend, the crazy one, we'll taunt you."

"You mean Maddie?" Pandora asked. "What do you guys want from her?"

"Nothing really." Murph said. "That's Quinn's territory. Her and Maddie share a history. They're both from Wonderland after all. Just like how all of the people on this ship share a history with you. Because of Neverland."

"I guessed that much." Pandora said. "So Murph was it?" he nodded his head. "What is it that your captain wants from me and Talia?"

"Well we didn't know about your fairy friend." Murph said. "She was a surprise. But we knew you'd come. Or Harriet knew and had us scouting around for you. I don't know how she knew but she did. I didn't ask for details."

"But you had questions." Pandora said. "Shouldn't you have asked then?"

"No." Murph said, shaking his head. "First rule of pirating is to never question your captain. Every pirate knows that."
Pandora wanted to point out that she hadn't known because she wasn't a pirate but it seemed out of place. She didn't need to bring that up when she was actually getting information that wasn't confusing for once. Pandora didn't need to ruin it.

"Ah." Pandora said, nodding her head as if she understood.

"You were asking what she wants from you right?" Murph asked as Pandora nodded her head. "I don't really know but she hates you for reasons you know I assume and she wants revenge on you and all that."

"Fun." Pandora said, her eyes widening slightly at the revelation. She knew Harriet hated her because of their parents' hatred for one another. But surely there had to be another way. Maybe they didn't have to hate each other because of who their parents were. Maybe they could actually end that feud. Pandora knew that was only wishful thinking. These kids had been drilled to hate their parents' enemies and take their enemies as their own. It couldn't simply change because they wanted to.

It would take more than that. Maybe they were destined to be enemies forever. Maybe this had all been set in stone. Maybe they couldn't change their stories to something they wanted it to be. Because history loved to repeat. Over and over. It seemed that one could not learn from the mistakes made by someone in the past. They'd keep making the mistake until they experienced it themselves. It was pathetic really but that was how it was and Pandora knew it wouldn't change because she wanted it to.

Pandora didn't like the itching ropes that made her skin feel like it was crawling. She gave up from trying to wiggle free, realizing how dumb that would be. They wouldn't just let her get away. It wouldn't be that easy. They'd catch her again no matter how many times she tried to run. She needed to be smarter than them. They expected her to escape so she wouldn't. She'd find another way out.

Chelsea tossed the jar that Talia was in back in forth between her hands, watching the shimmering Talia bounce back and forth within the jar.

"Chelsea you do know that's a living person right?" an unknown girl asked as Chelsea shrugged her shoulders.

"I know she's a living person, Yzla." Chelsea said. "Don't judge my intelligence. But she just looks so shimmery and I like shiny things."

"You're a cat of course you do." Yzla said. "But put her jar down so you don't drop her and set her free."

Chelsea pouted but stopped tossing the jar between her hands, tapping the glass

"You alright in there?" Chelsea asked as Talia rolled her eyes, going on a rant of things that they couldn't hear.

"I forgot that we can't hear you." Chelsea said. "Because you're in a jar. Silly me."

Talia regained balance and seemed to have stopped spinning, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're a pretty little fairy." Chelsea said. "Shiny. Did I tell you I liked shiny things?"

"You did." Yzla said. "Leave her alone."

"No." Chelsea said. "Don't tell me what to do."

The ship was swept with a sudden silence as the pitter patter of footsteps was heard on the staircase as Sammy came up with Harriet in tow. Harriet placed her hat on her head, walking over to Pandora.

"So you're the little daughter of Pan huh?" Harriet said as she circled around Pandora. "Honestly not what I was expecting. But whatever."

She walked over to Chelsea, silently asking for the jar. Chelsea was reluctant and wanted to keep her before Harriet had enough forcefully taking the jar from her hands.

"Well well well." Harriet said with a cackle as she peered at Talia. "Look what the cat dragged in."