Twenty One: Just You Wait

Harriet looked about ready to go back where she had just came from

Harriet looked about ready to go back where she had just came from. She gripped the sheath of her sword, ready to uncap it when she needed it. Sam stopped a few feet away from her, raising an eyebrow, balancing on her heels and then her toes, rocking herself back and forth.

"Hi Ettie." Sam said, twirling a lock of her hair with her finger. "Why do you have a murderous look on your face?"

"Why do I-." Harriet said. "No I don't. I'm not angry what gave you that idea."

"Sword and hook." Sam said, offering her hand out. Harriet rolled her eyes and unsheathed her sword and hook, handing it to Sam. "See now you won't accidentally murder her."

"I'm not angry with her." Harriet said. "I have control over that you know."

"If you did I wouldn't be here." Sam said. "Now do tell why you still look like you're going to explode."

"Samantha." Harriet stated flatly.

"Harriet." Sam replied.

"Do tell why you let that thing on my ship." Harriet snarled at the boy that Pandora still didn't know the name of.

"Dunno." Sam said. "He followed us here and he wouldn't go away. So it's not my fault."

"I guess not." Harriet said, shrugging her shoulders, letting out a breath she hadn't known she was holding.

Pandora didn't enjoy the silence that followed. Harriet still looked rather murderous and she still seemed angry with the unknown boy but Pandora couldn't place the feeling that lingered in the air. Anger and resentment sure. But there was something else that she couldn't quite place and she didn't like it. The tension in the air was growing thicker, enough to be cut with a knife. Pandora didn't know what would happen next and that left her uneasy. The two were angry with each other and she wanted to change that.

Pandora wondered if she would get home after this. If she could make it to Family Day and not draw suspicion. The longer she stayed the more regrets that resurfaced. Her father had been right. Her mother had been right. She wasn't ready to be here, this adventure had been too dangerous. She missed staying at Auradon Prep without any worry in the air. She had been safe then. She missed safety and feeling secure and not having to look behind her back every few seconds. She wanted to go home and she didn't know if she would be able to. She wanted to be safe and sound. She wasn't here but she didn't know how to escape. How she would get herself and Talia out in one piece.

Talia was still being held in the glass jar that was held by Chelsea who was waiting for the chatter to presume. It was quiet. Too quiet. Dangerously quiet and she didn't seem to like it any more than Pandora did. As the seconds ticked by, tensions grew higher as words that could be said, weren't said and Pandora was still very confused on the current situation.

Chelsea walked around and came on the other side of Pandora when Harriet took a step forward.

"Hey." Chelsea whispered, not loud enough for the others to hear.

"Hi." Pandora whispered back, not understanding what she wanted from her. "What's going on here?"

"Oh nothing really." Chelsea whispered with a wave of dismissal. "It's just Harriet and Anthony, that's the guy right there, well they aren't on friendly terms if you know what I mean."

"I don't know what you mean." Pandora whispered. "Aren't half the people here not on friendly terms?"

"You have a point there." Chelsea whispered. "Well they had a thing going you know. They even danced at Mal's howler party but she hasn't heard from him since. Let's say Harriet doesn't like being blown off and things get messy if she does."

"That doesn't sound good." Pandora whispered.

"Oh no it doesn't." Chelsea agreed. "Why do you think she isn't allowed to hold her sword? That's part of Sam's job as mediator. All sharp objects must be off her person."

"That's something." Pandora said as Chelsea stood next to her, waiting for what would happen next.

Harriet reached out and slapped him across the face. They all recovered from the shock and waited for the boy's reaction.

"What was that for?" Anthony asked, rubbing his stinging cheek.

"A lot of things." Harriet said. "How dare you come unto my ship and think you're allowed to be there?"

"Don't know." Anthony said. "I thought I should pay you a visit or something."

"Too little too late." Harriet muttered. "Why would you come now?"

"It's only been what?" Anthony said. "A week. That's perfectly respectable timing. I have a job you know."

"Walking your granny's cat isn't a job." Harriet grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you kidding?" Anthony said. "The fact that I even get to touch that thing means she likes me. Even if my grandmother says she doesn't like anyone."

"Well fun." Harriet said. "Get back to walking your granny's cat and leave my ship Tremaine."

"What the hell did I do?" Anthony retorted.

"It's what you didn't do." Harriet said. "Get him out of my sight."

"You're stupid pirates don't need to touch me." Anthony said. "I'm off on my own free will. Until next time Harriet."

"Wait." Harriet said. "Don't go."

Harriet took a deep breath, closing her eyes, rubbing her temples.

"See Harriet." Harry said. "That wasn't that bad was it?"

"Shut it Harry." Harriet said. "I see you don't have your weapons either. What do we do if Sam's the one that gets angry?"

"Pray that she doesn't kill us all." Chelsea said with a shrug as if the answer was obvious. "That's what I would do anyway."

Pandora felt their gazes land on her as Harriet walked over to her.

"Well I guess I can truly start now." Harriet said with a chuckle. "You're going to get it Pan.  Just you wait."