Part 2: Chapter 14

I heard whispering as I was coming from the basement because I was sorting a few things down in that dusty ass thing where Wil and I kept our vault of cash that is built under the house. I looked over at the door as I dusted off my hands and pants. I saw Stevie giggling as she looked back. "Who's that you're with?" she jerked her head in fright when she saw me then she said "Mom um...you're home...where's dad?"
"At work, like I said who's that?"
"This-this is Brittany" I walked up to get a closer look because I'm going blind and shit them. As the clack of my heels echoing through the huge house, I saw the blonde headed, freckled faced, brown eyed girl. Brittany put her hand out to me and I just looked at her hand then her face in shock...but then I said "No. She can't be here"
"What? why? Y'all wanted to meet her right!?" Steve said angrily.
"Excuse me missy are you trying to raise that tone at me?!" "But mom I heard you say-" just when she was gonna try and use my words against me, the door of the house opened and Wilmer was there. All of us turned and looked at him. Wil said "Hey baby, hey Stevie-who's she?"
"Dad um this is my friend I was telling to about last week. This is Brittany" He raised his eyebrows when he looked at Brittany. He came up to us and said "Get out now" to Brittany.
"What....dad but I heard mom say she wanted to meet her!"
"Look um I'll see you at school tomorrow I have to go do my homework anyways" Brittany made an excuse. But then I said "No you know what. Fuck it. Stay. Baby may I have a second with you?" I pointed for Wil to come with me to the guest living room.
"What is it Demi? I said no visitors."
"It wasn't my idea I literally came up from the basement and-" "Wait what were you doing down there?" he asked, I can feel that he was getting angry.
"Papi chill I was just cleaning up, now back to what I was saying. I came upstairs and heard giggling then I saw the both of them coming in."
"Don't you think she looks familiar?"
"At first but baby, you can blame-"
"Don't even Cris-I said I don't want her here. I know who her father is"
"You thinking the same thing?"
"Yeah. Felix"
"There is only one way to find out if that's true" we went back to them and Wil asked "Who's your dad?"
"He never told me his name but I know there is a F in the beginning"
"You have to go now!" Wil began to raise his voice. But then I said "No stay. Stevie y'allc an chill for-"
"Excuse me the last time I checked I was the man of the house and I say what goes."
"So what, we make the choice together" that's how we start the argument that could last all night and end well or not.
"You know what they are right ...um...see you soon"
"Call me"
"Okay" that's when Stevie was just about to leave with her friend and I said "You better turn that ass back around now Stevie!" She turned around and said "But mom I can't just let her go home alone its dangerous"
"So what you aren't going I said" she grunted and just hugged her friend before going upstairs to her room. Later that night around 11 while me and Wil were still arguing and our voices yelling over each other, our room door burst open. We both looked and saw our daughter crying yet angry. She yelled "It's all y'all fault!" "What the hell are you talking about!?"
"Brittany got beat because she told her dad that she was with me. And that we can't be friends. Why the hell I can't have one friend! Oh I didn't forget to mention that she told me to ask y'all why we can't be friends! What the hell is going on!?"
My jaw dropped "First you need to watch your mouth young lady and second it's none of your business. Go back to your room!"
"No mom I'm tired of feeling there are secrets. Whale my life y'all are overprotective. Why do Tio Johnny and Eric have to take me to school. How come y'all missed ever award ceremony I've had!? I need answers!" looked at her with hurt that I couldn't tell her the truth. Just as I was going to tell it, Wil gripped my wrist warning me not to go there. I jerked my head to face him. I pleaded for him to let me without saying a word. Then he let go of my wrist and he said "Fine. Sit down, the both of you's. Baby, it's time." we all sat down and Wil began by saying "Your uh...friend Brittany....is my enemy's daughter."
"What do you mean enemy...you have beef with him or..."
"It's more than that Nena. Look...um...this is the family secret...we own a mafia" she look at us in shock. "What how come y'all never told me! No wonder why y'all been M.I.A. all the time."
"What...no we haven't we try to spend time with you but whenever we want to, you're always sleeping" I said to her.
"No y'all don't try. Y'all stopped "trying" when I was eight. I guess y'all thought I was okay on my own. But no mom I wasn't"
"Well I'm sorry that we weren't there when you needed us."
"Ya one...all this damn time I thought that the reason y'all didn't do to my award shows is because I never was good enough to get even a "I'm proud of you" once in my life. And that's why I stopped being a star student."
"I'm so sorry baby girl we don't meant to do that...but we had to hide...because we have multiple gangs after us. Even the police are after our asses. You have no idea what we had to go through to protect you" Wil said to her.
"Then why don't y'all quit!" she said in anger.
"We can't! We are the bosses of one of the top ranked gangs' in Chicago! I'd be damned if I give away my father's business"
"Abuelo?"
"Yeah...he owned it but...then we got betrayed by you Tio and he tried to take the business but papa took the bullet for me when you're Tio was going to kill me" Her jaw dropped. "That's why we can't leave it at all. We are in this together. We build this empire and we go down as a family"
"But....mom how did you get into this?" I blushed at that sudden question then I looked at Wil to be sure that I can tell her the full story he gave me a nod and I turned to her beginning to explain. "It's a long story....and it's hard to explain. But bear with me. My mom was.... murdered when I was nine so I had to go live with my dad and Titi Amber. That is up until...." my lips started to quiver as the flashback of my mom and dad's death came about. Before I let a tear drop on my cheeks I got off the bed quickly and ran out of the room into the hall.