Part 2: Chapter 18

William POV
5 years later…

I heard faint voices say wake up. Others would say they don't think I would make it. Something had told me to move my fingers and I did. Nobody was there by my side. Until there was a nurse that came in on her shift, and saw my progress. She rang for the doctor that has been on my files. The doctor came and immediately and asked me my name.
All I can mutter was "where is my family?" 
"Sir do you know where you are?"
I looked around and thought for a second then I guessed "hospital?"
"Correct, no do you know who your wife is?"
For a second I didn't remember but then the sound of her laugh clouded up my mind. And that's how I knew the answer. "Crystal?"
"That's correct, we will try to contact her as soon as possible. I want you to get some rest then in a few hours you will be able to eat."
"Why am I here?"
"You were shot a multiple of 6 times, but you miraculously survived all of that along with a blood clot that was very close to your heart. Sir you were in a coma for 5 years"

When I heard that my heart sank to my stomach.I ran to the bathroom as fast as possible vomiting up the contents that suddenly erupted in my stomach. After I was finished I wash my mouth oath with water. Water that felt amazing I haven't had that and what felt like forever. 
"5 years wow. Where's my wife, where is my kid?" I asked constantly. No one had the answer.

"sir we are going to need you to stay here for another few days so we can monitor your heart rate and your levels. As well as give you a head scan to make sure there wasn't any damage throughout the years. But what I'm astounded by is that you haven't stood up in 5 years but yet you move like you have been walking your whole life. Your case of the rare condition indeed.

A week later they let me go. Of course they couldn't get a hold of my wife nor my child. And I completely forgot how I ended up in this predicament. However slowly at night I would hear gunshots. It would keep me up at night and as well as having nightmares about the whole incident once it all came back to me. 

The doctors have sent me to a rehabilitation inpatient center since they couldn't get ahold of my family. There I would be assigned a therapist as well as a physical therapist just to make sure everything is okay. I would be put on a meal plan and do chores like mow the lawn to have some money to save for whatever I want to get. Today was my therapy session with doctor Bullard.
“Lets start by what you remember, take all the time you need” he says as he crosses one leg over the other in this sequence lazy boy chair.
I breathe as I start to remember where everything went black.
"I remember seeing the world through my eyes, then being pulled backwards quickly through blackness—like going through a very long tunnel backwards, or backwards through a dimension of nothingness. I was pronounced dead at the scene, but I have glimpses of medical crews around me as memory flashes during CPR. Then after that I don't remember anything else."
"That's pretty interesting do you remember what's your daughter's name is?"
"No unfortunately, I remember it started with an s. I remember it was inspired by this artists that my wife was obsessed with."
"Perhaps Stevie B?"
Suddenly when I heard that all of the memories of the moment my wife gave birth to our baby girl to her first walk, her first word, her first everything. I remember it all.
"I remember her name its Stevie Angelica De Vila."
"De Vila? I thought your name was William Somerdale?"
" I just now fully remember my name and my daughter's name as well as my wife.what I'm here to find out and what will actually make me happy is finding out where they are now."
"I  understand sir but I will take a lot more longer than you would think." 
"Why would it?"
" Because there are more cases out there about missing people who has been missing for years so truth be told, you were dropped off at the hospital by your wife and some other man. They didn't even give your name they just dropped you off in front of the hospital. That's what the records are showing here."
"You lying son of a bitch!!" I yell as I stormed up to his face and grab them by his collar. He looked terrified and stuttered when saying I'm sorry I'm not lying you can see the papers yourself." I let go of him and snatch the papers and left the building. I went outside for a smoke and I went over these papers. Unfortunately the therapist was right. I was abandoned but why?