Part 2: Chapter 20

Williams POV

Today I have to go to speech therapy. Her name was Dr. Lincoln. She would help me learn how to talk so others could understand what I said. She would also bring up puzzles and things to test my comprehension. The hospital records indicate that I was to be released to my brother. He has agreed to pick me up and take me to St. Louis where he would continue to observe me
I didn't remember having a brother but he looked familiar. Apparently he is my half brother from my dad's side. 

He drove hours on end to come see me. I remembered him from when I was in diapers but that's about it. Afterwards everything else is fuzzy. On the road back to Pittsburgh which was where he was from he told me about what our dad would do. Apparently he was some drug lord of some sort and that's how I met my wife. When we arrived there I settled in and within the next month my brother managed to help me get food stamps and my very first job. Well should I say very first legal job. He got me into this brain surgery clinic. They did wonders for me by just teaching me basics like writing things down so I could remember and identifying areas of need and making sure the appropriate professionals or procedures were in place and making sure I made it to my other appointments. After kind of wandering around lost I greatly enjoyed knowing there were those who understood what I was experiencing and gave me the hope that I could once again have a life. Recognizing that I was very depressed they started to get me hooked up with a mental health clinic.

Crystal's POV
Felix wasn't as smart as he thought he was because he had ended up putting me and my daughter in the same room together but locked up of course. Stevie shuffled over to me after half an hour of silence.
"I have a plan but I'm trusting you although I know I shouldn't."
"How many times do I have to say that I'm sorry. I didn't know he was going to go back on his word."
" He's a mafia Lord what do you think Mom, everything he says is a lie. You know this as well as I do and you're older than me"
" You're right so what were you planning?"
What I was thinking is that you distract him whichever way that you think it's possible. Then I would go and you dis hairpin to unlock our chains."
Later that night when Felix came in she seduced him by giving him oral sex. And he was distracted I did what I was planning to do. I escaped just when I thought my mom was behind me she had gotten caught. Something told me to never look back so I didn't. I ran until I couldn't anymore. The next thing I know I was collapsed on the highway asphalt. Someone pulled over and woke me up. It was a gentleman I'm about 30 years old. He asked me if I was okay. I jumped and I got up as fast as I could and ran. He went after me and asked me where I was going. I simply answered with a I don't know. He offered me a ride to anywhere I decided.

In the back of my mind all I can think about was my mom. And how much pain she was in right now. I told him to take me as far as he was going. It was a truck driver he was going to Pittsburgh. So I went with him. At first I didn't know rather if I should trust him or not. But after being allowed to sleep without getting rudely awakened. Food to eat without it being taken.I decided to open up to him and explain my whole story. He was in tears by the time I was finished explaining the whole story. He offered me a spot at his place, I took it because I had nowhere to go. A few truck stop later and a few along hour rides, we finally got to his job where you dropped off a trailer then we headed a few miles down where his house was. It was a nice small apartment with a patio and an indoor swimming pool.

He gave me some clothing and allowed me to use a shower. When I stopped into the shower with the warm water running down my scarred body I cried with the sigh of relief. I was finally free but I know my mother wasn't. After spending an hour in the shower, I came downstairs fully dressed in clothing his daughter used to wear. He looked up at me and smiled saying "I look very beautiful"
I thanked him then he told me we were having pizza for dinner. I was excited. I haven't had pizza in so long I forgot what sauce taste like.

I thank him for the food then afterwards we watched a movie and talk for a little bit until he got me a pillow and blanket to borrow while I slept in his daughter's old room. It had a bunch of unicorns around the room. I was just happy I wasn't on a cold floor anymore. I stayed up all night surfing the channels on the TV that was in the room. It cut to the news channel where apparently there was this man who woke up from a 5-year coma. They show the picture of him my jaw dropped instantly. That was my father.