Part 10

“I’m working late tonight.” Anthony told me as I watched him pin on his diamond cuff links.

I wanted to roll my eyes, but I refrained. This was his fifth night “working late” he was the damn CEO; so, whatever he needed done he could’ve easily told one of his employees to do it. I knew what was up, a bitch wasn’t stupid! I wasn’t going to bother him though, the more he was out of the house the easier it was to get myself ready to leave. It had been a few weeks since the restaurant incident and I had been stacking his money faster than I originally planned. I was only 2 grand short of my goal and I had already been approved for my apartment. It was hours away from Anthony and I knew he wouldn’t be able to find me. I planned on chucking my phone into the nearest river and never looking back. The little baby in my belly was growing on a daily, I could feel its kicks now. I was pushing into my 5th month and I knew that as I got bigger I wouldn’t be able to do as much. That’s why I needed to be gone and settled into my new spot before I went into my 3rd trimester, it was only a matter of time.

“Again?” I asked him, I was sitting in the bed naked under my silk robe, with my little belly hanging out.

I had muted LHH to see what tired ass excuse he was going to come up with

“That’s what I said ain’t it?” he turned to look at me with his eyes squinted.

He had been giving me the cold shoulder since we left from the restaurant. He took my car keys back and switched my phone plan to where I could only receive incoming calls. He hadn’t taken me to a meeting with him in forever and date nights were past tense. It was like he was only dealing with me until I gave birth to his kid. Too bad he wouldn’t be able to be there for it.

“How late?”

“Lina don’t worry about me. Worry about that pig you wanna suck off.”

“Anthony, let it the fuck go. I already told you that there is nothing going on with us! I don’t even know why the man approached me.”

“I bet.” He snorted and reached for his Hugo Boss cologne, oh he was putting on the good stuff.

I hope the bitch was able to bear kids, since he wouldn’t be seeing this one.

“Well why do you want me here? If you don’t trust me? Why don’t you just let me leave?”

“Bitch I’ll break yo neck. Talk about leaving again. Unfortunately for me, you’re the mother of my child.”

“Unfortunately?”

“If were up to me you’d sign over your rights and get the fuck on.” He had finished spraying himself down and the familiar scent made me remember when times between us were good.

“That’ll never happen.” I mumbled.

And that’s the reason why you’re still around. Consider yoself lucky.”

Anthony’s words cut right through me, even though I was leaving him he was making me feel worthless. The only reason I was around was because of the baby? Well, why the hell wouldn’t he let me leave before I got pregnant? This nigga really knew how to fuck up my mentality. I watched as he straightened his tie, he looked damn good and it made me miss us slightly. We were supposed to be side by side, taking on the world together. Taking trips, driving expensive whips and more. The way his business was booming he was looking into opening a second location and I wanted to be there for that, but I couldn’t. Anthony was a mind controlling abusive ass nigga, he wasn’t going to change. No matter how well I listened, no matter how many pedestals I put him on, even if I did all the things he asked me to it wouldn’t change who the fuck he was…a woman beater, and that’s why I needed to bounce. A part of me wanted to make things work but the smarter part of me shut that idea right down. The longer I waited the worse things would become. I was only going to be pregnant for a few more months; who’s to say the nigga won’t knock me upside my head the way he’s been wanting to after I give birth. Who’s to say he won’t try to keep my baby and put me out? I would fasure lose a custody battle, I don’t have shit and without Anthony I would barely be able to afford the child. That’s why I was stacking plenty money, so when I got to my destination I would be able to buy my baby’s stuff and start the business I wanted. If I could hold on a little longer, we would be straight. And if that meant playing deaf, blind and dumb about Anthony’s “working late” situation, then so be it.