Part 18

"I really like

What you've done to me

I can't really explain it

I'm so into you

I really like

What you've done to me

I can't really explain it

I'm so into you..."

I was singing along with Tamia, feeling every word she said. Somehow, in this twisted situation I caught feelings for Gray. It was something about the fact that he would go this far to get me the information I needed. The fact that from day one he has had my best interest at heart. The fact that he hasn't made me feel less than a woman because I stayed this long, he was even willing to go toe-to-toe with Anthony to keep me away from harm and that was sexy as fuck. I mean, I wasn't trying to jump into anything serious right after Anthony, I would still need time to heal; but when I did want to get back on the scene Gray would be the first man I was looking for. I wish I would have met him when I was sixteen. I couldn't focus on the past though, I needed to make sure I kept Anthony completely clueless for the next 48 hours and I had the perfect idea. When I pulled up to the house, his car was still gone and I was happy. I parked and hopped out quickly. I wanted it to look like I had been home all day. I ran inside and went into the kitchen. Pierre, Anthony's personal chef was there, thank goodness.

"Pierre could you whip up one of Anthony's favorite meals? And pull down the Chateau Lafite, it's his top choice." I knew I shouldn't be trying to get Anthony tipsy, considering the way he behaved when drunk; but that's why I asked for wine, instead of hard liquor. I wanted him relaxed, not rampaging. 

"Right away miss. Will he be home soon?"

"He should be walking in any minute." I answered, walking up the stairs as quick as I could. I put my wallet back on the dresser and messed up the bed somewhat so I could claim I took a nap. I walked into the bathroom to make sure I looked the same. I touched my belly, I had finally started to show. It was almost time and I was getting excited. Despite what I had going on, I was secretly geeked to be a mom! I was going to teach my child how to be loved and love correctly.  If it was a girl, I would teach her how to pick her man and a son, I would make sure respected his lady. I was ready to take on this challenge. If I could handle all the abuse from Anthony, motherhood was going to be cake. I could hear voices down stairs and I figured he was back. I entered into the kitchen with a smile on my face. Anthony already had a wine glass in his hand filled with the expensive liquid. He was talking with Pierre about something boiling over the stove. For a moment, things were normal. This was how it was supposed to be, dinner with my man, in our big ass house, personal chef followed by sex in our Cali King. I was sad in a way, wasted four years of my life for nothing. I looked at him harder and remembered all the things Gray told me about Erica, he put that girl in the hospital permanently. If that was the case what the fuck was he capable of doing to me?  Watching him behave so normally, as if he didn't have a care in the world, it was scary. You never know who you're dealing with! I shook the thoughts away, I needed to get into character. 

"Hey, what took you so long to get back?" I asked. Anthony turned around and smiled at me, he was in a good mood. 

"I told you I had some errands to run, they took longer than expected. Why you missed me?" he questioned and I paused, wasn't sure how to answer that one but I played the role.

"A little bit."

"Hmph, that's a first." he was still smiling, but his sarcastic tone came through, I brushed it off.