EPILOUGE

6 MONTHS LATER...

The waves crashed up on the white sand slowly, and the crystal clear water was tranquilizing. I adjusted my robe as I peered at the ocean. My patio faced it directly and I came out here every morning to smoke a blunt and enjoy it. I was living great, the money that I had lifted from Gray was still stashed securely and my condo was paid in full. Today was the first day of my new job, I had taken some of my money to open up a small counseling service for domestic violence victims and survivors. I was still healing myself, but I found that the only way I could move past it was to deal with and help other women deal with or prevent it if I could. I had reached out to Judge Mervin after the supposed trial date we were supposed to have. The case into the police force had been launched and her excitement let me know she was on the winning end of it. She said that they were all facing multiple charges and the time they were looking at reached the double digits. She thanked me a million times over because this case had boosted her career tremendously and she was happy to remove the 'bad seeds' from the justice system. As for Anthony she said she washed him away for his involvement in the drugs and for everything he had done to me, his release date was so far out I didn't even have to worry anymore. The amount of relief that I felt once I knew both Gray and Anthony were out of my hair was welcomed with open arms. I had finally gotten my way. I had wasted so many years of my life being controlled and belittled by a man, almost got played again by the next; although I was damaged I knew I was also strong. Otherwise I would be in a grave, or still at the mercy of Anthony. Erica didn't get her second chance, and my daughter didn't even get a first. I was blessed to be freed from my situation and I was going to take advantage of it! I was going to live my life and do all the shit I had missed out on since I was a teen, I planned on rekindling my relationship with my mother as well. Loving and leaning myself were my top priorities, showing women they could get out domestic violence relationships was right after. I won my case, I was living in the Cayman Islands, my backyard was the beach, and I was finally in control of MYSELF.

LIFE WAS GONNA BE GOOD!

Purchase my very first novel on amazon.com! Search "Blood Ain't Thicker by Michelle Floyd"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

First and foremost, THANK YOU for rocking with me to the end of 'Hidden Wounds' it's been a journey LOL. I am forever grateful to everyone who has supported, promoted or voted on my story. 

Much Love,

-Michy 

*IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW IS A VICTIM OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PLEASE GET HELP!*

NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: 800-799-7233