Part 11

"2 weeks? Anthony I'm freaking six months! You need to be close to me."

"Lina do you hear yourself? It's not like you're full term. When I get back, you'll be six months and two weeks. It's not that much of a difference. Relax baby, if I can close this deal I'll be rich, and I'll buy you a house."

"A house? Really?" I rolled my eyes; this nigga was annoying as fuck. I know by my sixth month I was already supposed to be moved into my own shit. Well, ever since he fired Marisol he stopped putting money in the safe and he never carried cash in his wallet. That fool had gotten so tight gripped with his money he didn't even let me have the bank card anymore. If I needed something I had to ask him to buy it. That put my money at a stop and with only 18,000 put up I wasn't sure if that would be enough to fend for me and my baby until I got my own shit up and running. We had been on good terms thus far, he was stilling working late 4 days out the week, but he wasn't lashing out at me in between and he hadn't mentioned Gray in I don't know how long.

"A house baby, one you can decorate however you see fit. I just need to make this deal."

"We already have a house." I snapped.

"And what woman wouldn't want a new one?"

"A woman who would rather have her child's father home in case something happens!" I yelled. My damn hormones were acting up again. I was irritated that he wanted to leave me here while he went out to Jamaica to "close a deal". I wasn't stupid, Jamaica was where he took me to fuck my brains out. Ain't no business, but bedroom business happening in Jamaica; who the fuck did he think he was fooling? I half expected him to flash on me, but he chuckled instead. Anthony came up to me and kissed my forehead

"That baby got you all riled up huh? It ain't no thing I gotta sit in these white men faces' and play their game. You know I would take you- "

"So, book my flight." I cut him off, trying to call his bluff

"Lina, I'm flying out in less than 4 hours. You know that's impossible."

"Ok but if you knew about this trip why wouldn't you book me when you booked yourself?"

"Because I didn't plan on dragging my 6-month pregnant lady across the states."

"I bet you didn't." I stepped away from in with my arms folded.

"Don't be like that."

"Have a nice trip." I hissed before I stomped up the stairs, hoping he wouldn't follow me.
Even though I didn't want to be with him, it pissed me the fuck off that he already had found someone else. Like damn, why wouldn't he wait until after the baby? And the fact they were going to Jamaica made it even worse, was he taking her virginity too? I shook my head and told myself to stop worrying about a nigga that I was about to leave. When I sat down on the bed, my baby gave me a soft kick. I touched my belly and smiled. I had grown to love this little human so much and I hadn't even seen it yet. I just knew that my baby was going to give me unconditional love and no one would ever be able to take that away from me.

"Mommy's ok baby, daddy just does stupid shit sometimes." I mumbled to my stomach.

"Mommy doesn't understand daddy's sacrifices, but one day she will." I heard Anthony say, he was standing in the doorway.