Part 36

Two days before trial

"Miss, the library will be closing soon." I heard a small voice behind me and I spun around in my seat. The librarian eyed me wearily, I had been in here every single day since I found the folder in Gray's safe. Trying to put the pieces together, trying to make it all make sense. I kept him in the blind by still pretending we were in a good space, I even let him fuck a couple of times so I wouldn't raise any red flags, but TODAY,I had finally pieced everything together, I was sure of it. Gray had known who Anthony was all along, he had been under investigation for about a year but Anthony was slicker than oil, they could never catch him slipping. Just as they were gonna give up on the whole thing I ended up in the hospital, they were tailing him when he dropped me off that night. Gray made sure he was the responding officer so that he could get to me. From there he spent his time following me, tracking where I went and how close me and Anthony were. Once he realized I was his live-in girlfriend, he decided to try and use me against Anthony. The times he said we were "running into each other" was bullshit. Him telling me about his mother was only to reel me in, the information he gave to me on Erica was to seal the deal. As I read the reports, documentation that he had put down I felt like a damn fool. I knew I should've never got involved with a cop. I stacked all my findings neatly and placed them in the portable file folder I had. I was prepared to put my plan in motion. My realtor called me this morning to let me know that my condo was cleaned and ready to be moved in. I was on my way to a meeting that I had set up on the low. Gray had left the house early and I was happy that he wasn't around to see me leave, I didn't want to raise any red flags. It was crazy to me how he moved like everything was okay, like he wasn't playing me behind my back. Fuck niggas, they wasn't shit. The Uber pulled up to the courthouse and I quickly stepped inside the massive building. I went through the security procedures and obtained my visitor badge. I found my way to the chambers and banged my hand on the heavy door. It took a few minutes, but it slid open and I stepped inside. The Judge's chambers was small, and neat, she smiled warmly at me.

"Good afternoon Lina." she greeted me, motioning for me to sit down in the chair. I took a seat and watched as she  got comfortable in her own plush leather chair, "Would you like some water?" she asked and I shook my head No. I hadn't been asleep in days because I was trying to piece this shit together, I wasn't interested in formalities. I was out for blood. Both these niggas had to go away, for good if I had it my way. The corrupt ass Chief of Police was getting his too, everyone involved was gonna regret even trying to use me as a pawn. 

"Actually Judge I'm here to discuss some uh-concerns I have." I stated

"I'm sure that's why we are here, my question to you is, where's your lawyer?" she asked softly

"If it's alright with you let;s just say he's...no longer representing me-"

"Lina, you're trial is set for two days out, I don't think changing council is a good idea. If that's why you're here."

"It's not." I assured her and she stared at me in confusion. I placed my file folder on her desk, without a word I opened it and started pulling out the copies of all the shit that was in Gray's folder, the stakeout photos, the contract that was drawn up, the documentation, my hospital records, the CO statements from the prison, the traffic stop that happened where the drugs were found in Anthony;s truck. I even threw in my daughter's autopsy to show that I only lost her because of what Anthony did. I wanted him charged with her death too. I watched closely as Judge slid her glasses on and picked up a few pieces of paperwork. She rummaged through them and finally put her hands on the contract. After briefly flipping through it she looked up at me with wide eyes. 

"Where did you get this?" she quizzed

"It doesn't matter. I want to give this evidence to you, they've been trying to pull the wool over your eye this entire case, but it's nothing but a stall, a chance to give them more time and this stuff right here proves it, but its deeper than that. Bribery, drugs, prison drug trafficking, murder, excluding pertinent evidence..the list continues. You put this in your courtroom and you'll be a hero. The PD is corrupted under the guidance of the current Chief of Police. The evidence proves that." I told her in a monotone, never taking my eyes off her. I could tell she was overwhelmed by what I was presenting to her, but I had to give it to her myself. I couldn't trust trying to do something through the police department, clearly they all looked out for one another.  "Be the judge that cleans our justice system, take out the people who are over using and abusing their power. Look at the way they've been using me this whole time." I added on for sympathy just the way Evans taught me. The room was dead silent for longer than five minutes and I started to get nervous. The Judge continued to pick through the documents, sucking her teeth and whistling in between reads. Then she looked up at me again, folding her hands under her chin before she gave me a huge smile.