Prologue

Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzz

It was all of 4 in the morning when Passion cell phone started vibrating loudly on the nightstand. Knowing it could only be one person calling her she reluctantly sat up and answered.

"Baby it's" she looked at her watch." It's 4:23 what could possibly be up?" She ask yarning

"No time to explain bae. I need you to get up right now and pick me up on Friso." Snow said on the other end of the phone. He was out of breath and trying to whisper.

"Ok here I come"

Like that Passion quickly got out her bed and tore up her room finding something to wear since she was completely naked. She settle on some all black leggings a oversized PINK shirt and some nike slides. She pulled her weave up in a back ponytail before putting on her hat. In less than 20 minutes she was in her truck on her way to Snow.

***

As soon as Passion came at the top of the bridge Snow noticed her and started waving his hands. Passion saw him and made a uturn in the middle of the empty street while he jogged his way over. Passion hurried and unlocked the doors when she seen him going to the back. He hoped in tossing a long black bag in the far back.

"I'm gon ride in the back bae until we get back on our side." He said lighting a cigarette.

"Um, Reshad what the fuck is going on?" She asked. Calling him by his government name. Snow was so far in his thoughts he wasn't hearing her. " getting his black ass in her like I just didn't drive my ass all the way over here. Four in the morning at that. He got me bent." She thought.

" hello!" She yelled getting his attention." Boy I know you hear me taking to you."

"My bad baby, I swear I didn't hear you." He eased up behind her seat and begin rubbing her neck. Although Passion was loving his touch she was still trying to see what was up." You look pretty. & thank you for coming." He said now kissing on her.

"Umhm you welcome. Now tell me what's going on boy before I crash out." Snow ignored her and kept doing him.

He was used to Passion snapping. To be honest he loved that about her. She didn't take any shit, she spoke her mind and she kept him in check.

"I'll tell you when we get home." He gave her one last kiss before sitting back. " feisty self".

"Yea whatever we gon see when we get home ." Passion said doing the dash.

***

After many failed attempts of Passion trying to get the tea with Snow they were finally pulling up at their apartment. Passion was of course the first to the door. She wasted no time unlocking it and waited patiently for him to come in.

Snow looked up after getting the bag and begin laughing.

"You so mosey girl. Cmon before that mosey ass man come out here." He said following her in.
***

The sun was getting ready to rise when Snow finally got out the shower. Passion was pissed because he was making her wait to tell her what was going on. He even locked himself in the bathroom with the bag so she could peep in it.

When snow came out the door Passion had the meanest look on her face, that was quick removed when she seen him dripping wet with just his towel on.  Snow looked her with a lustful grin. He knew she wanted to fuck.

"See some you like ma?" He teased. She smiled lighting up the backwood.

"Yea, that fucking bag you guarding." She said making him laugh. Passion could be funny when she wanted to. But she was serious.

She held out the blunt for him to get it. He came over grabbing it. Snow sat in there recliner facing the windows. As the sun rises he let the smoke fill his lungs before releasing.

Snow looked over at Passion who was on Fashion Nova looking at the leather red skirt. For a minute he just  admired her. He was infatuated with everything about her. She was his type of beautiful. He'd always tell her. " I wouldn't  choose nobody over you. Not even Beyoncé."

"Come over here Pash" He said breaking her stare. Passion put down the phone and sat on his lap. He held her bridal style while they shared the blunt watching the sunrise.

For a moment it was just silence. Not awkward.

"Passion." He called  out

Passion was really high and damn near sleep.

"Yea?"

"  you love me?"

"You know I love you. "

"You trust me?"

"Always".

"I trust you too. Go look on the bag." High or not Passion head popped up fast. She looked at Snow to make sure he was serious. Her facial made him laugh.

"Why you acting all stuck. You want me to just keep it-"

"Boy Hush I'm just making sure. You been playing all Morning. " she  said cutting him off. She got up and grabbed the bag off the floor putting it on the bed.

Slowing and carefully Passion began taking the straps off the bag before unzipping it.

Snow sat back at watched her every move. He silently took his phone out and begin recording her. He didn't want to miss any of this.

Passion didn't know what to expect. She grabbed both sides of the bag and quickly snatched it open.

"Oh my god" she said a little bit above a whisper.

The bag was filled with neatly wrap stacks of money. There was some jewelry too. She looked back up at Snow who was now in her face with his phone recording her reaction.

"Snooooow what's all". Looking at him. He ended the video.

"Man it was too sweet bae. I had to run it" He simple said. Passion knew exactly what happen now.

"I hit a lick ma. Pack ya shit. We out here by sundown."

Snow wiped the single tear from her eye then kissed her. He went ahead and got on some clothes and laid down. He had a long day ahead of him.

Passion just stood there for a second. She didn't even realize she was crying. But quickly got it together. She didn't know why she was acting all knew to this.  She knew Snow better than anybody. So why was she acting like she wasn't familiar with him pulling kick doors? Maybe because they always talked about getting some money to get out. He was was talked shit about hitting a lick. Passion didn't know if would really happen she just knew she was riding. That's exactly what she was doing. Tonight they were leaving there old life behind to make a new one.

Neither of them knew this moment would bring to so much tragedy to the new life to come.