attacked

The quarrymen stepped onto the small stage of the cavern club and the crowd errupted into screams that made my ears hurt. The boys looked at each other smiling. No matter how many shows they done or how many times the crowds reacted the same way they were never used to it.

"There amazing" Trish shouted at me over the noise of the crowd.

"They sure are" I replied and I meant it.

There talent never failed to amaze me and although I knew there set list and knew what song was going to be played and when.  I never got bored of seeing them. Each show always felt like I was seeing them for the first time.

Half way threw the show I noticed a man push threw the crowds and stand beside me.

"Hiya beautiful" he shouted to me

I rolled my eyes not wanting to deal with a drunk man I just wanted to listen to my friends music.

"Hey" I replied quickly turning my attention back to the boys and seen that they were all watching what was happening.

The boys were often protective of me especially when we were in the cavern. John used to be so protective of me. If a guy came and sat beside me he would always be straight over and pulling me away. Now it's changed. John's pulled his attention away from the man next to me and he's giving Trish his full attention and honestly it hurts. I just want him to look at me the way he used to with love in his eyes now he looks at me with no emotion at all.

I feel myself start to tear up and thought I better go to the bathroom before i start crying and embarrass myself

"Trish I'm going to the bathroom save me my spot"

"Yeah sure" she replied breaking her gaze away from John for a split second to reply to me.

I started to push my way past the crowds excusing myself trying to make my way to the bathroom.

"What the fuck do you think your doing?"

I turned to see a man staring at me his face enraged in anger with who I presume is his girlfriend holding his arm trying to calm him down.

"Excuse me. Is some thing wrong?"

I was completely confused at what was happening.

"You just pushed my girlfriend and nobody fucking puts there hands on her"

" I'm so sorry I didn't mean to. I'm just trying to get to the bathroom"

"It's ok sweetie it was just an accident" the girl said

"You done it on purpose. Just because you are with the band you think you own the place and can do whatever you want"

"No not at all. Again I apologise "

"Not fucking good enough"

The man broke his arm away from his girlfriend and he stepped towards me and he raised his arm and slapped me across the face so hard that I fell to the floor. Sadly the man wasn't done and he decided to kick me in the ribs. The crowd around us started to scream and I heard the music stop.

The band was always told if a fight breaks out and there's trouble they have to stop playing.

I lay on the floor in pain and in shock and I felt embarrassed. The security quickly came and scooped  up the man and he was thrown out.

"Cheerio mate" I heard John say to the man.

The boys must not of  been aware that I was attacked as I know Paul would of came to help me but all to quickly the music started again and I pulled myself to my feet and ran to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and my face was red and slightly swollen and my lip was cut and I looked horrible. I tried to tidy myself up and look presentable but there was no way of making my face look ok. I made my way back to the front of the stage and was beside Trish again.

"Oh my gosh what happened to you Tia? Your beautiful face is all beaten up"

Trish pulled my face into her hands while she examined the damage to my face.

"I accidently bumped into a girl and her boyfriend hit me"

Trish looked completely shocked

"A man hit you?"

"Yeah the one that was threw out a while ago and that's why the music stopped"

"I'm so sorry I should of came with you"

"Don't be silly it's ok I'm fine"

I looked up at the stage and when they seen my face they looked completely shocked and they stopped playing. They stood staring at me and I felt  very self conscious. The crowd was yelling at them to play but they just stood frozen to the spot staring at me.

"Will you's finish the set you only got one song left" I shouted snapping the boys out of there shock.

George started to play the first few bars of there last song and the boys quickly followed his lead and they finished there set.

The boys quickly all jumped of the stage and were all crowded round me looking at my face.

"What happened love" Paul asked

" I accidently bumped into a girl and her boyfriend hit me but it's ok and I'm fine"

"A man hit you. A man actually put his hands on you?" George shouted

"Yes but he got threw out"

"I fucking said cheerio to him. I should of seen what had happened and fucking jumped of the stage and killed him. Nobody ever hurts her" John shouted in a rage.

Trish obviously hadn't seen the Lennon temper before as she looked shocked and a little scared by his outburst.

"It's ok John I'm fine no damage was done."

"No damage. Look at your fucking face. He beat you up. A man has attacked you" He shouted

I knew how John was feeling I knew he was feeling anger and his protectiveness was in full swing and I knew he felt like a failure because he failed to protect me. I wanted to pull him into a hug and comfort him but he wasn't mine anymore and I had to hold myself back. I felt the sadness creep in and I lowered my head and I grabbed a hold of Paul's hand just needing someone calm me.

I seen Paul look down at your hands that were clasped together and I seen him smile like he was happy to be holding my hand.

Holding Paul's hand again made me feel calm. Paul always calmed me down.