Chapter 21: Obstacle Courses

(Y/N)'s POV
Free time quickly ended as Lunch then started. Ben and I packed our belongings from the study area and headed to the mess hall, separately. I went with the Satan worshippers as he went with his jocks.

We were in two different worlds after all...

"Today we are serving mash potatoes with rice and radish." The lunch lady announced. Irritated mummers and groans were heard as the mess hall got louder and louder by the second.

Mash potatoes, rice and radish? That's a terrible combination. I sighed as I turned to the Satan worshippers, although I found something odd. Satan's eyes were twinkling as she jumped around throwing her hands up into the sky.

Max saw my confused look as he explained why Satan was so excited today, "it's either because she loves mash potatoes or she had too many drugs during free time." He sighed as he tried to clam the over-hyper she devil down.

I stifled a laugh as I walked over to the tray area to get my food. Even if it was terrible, I was really hungry.

When it was my turn, I was being served by a grumpy looking, middle age women. She dropped the mash potatoes with a high distance as it landed into my bowl of rice with a disgusting, "plob" sound.

I cringed, somehow she made the gross meal even more disgusting. Seeing my crunches up face, she snorted as I walked back to the table reserved for Satan worshippers.

"I don't wanna eat but I'm so hungry!" I wined. Everyone else expect Satan nodded. She was too busy stuffing her face with mash potatoes. "I love potatoes" she moaned in delight.

Then she looked at us confused, " why aren't you eating?" I merely pointed at the food, then at my face, then I made a vomiting stance. She must have caught onto what I was trying to stay, because she nodded.

"Alrighty." Then, she snapped her fingers, and magically, pasta appeared in front of us. My eyes widened in surprised at the sudden magical food.

"What?!" I exclaimed. I gave Maple a confused glance as she just shrugged and did jazz hands, "magic~".

Being really hungry, I just dug I into the food as the other worshippers including Satan herself, did too.

Tem skip after lunch**
Lunch was over by a flash too. We were full and active. (That's not a good combo XD) Now, it was time for out door activities. I didn't exactly know what that meant so I asked the staff.

But they just said, "wait and see, we will be reaching soon."

We had arrived at the destination, and it was an
.
.
.
Obstacle Course?!

Oh shit- I suck at these! They looked Super hard too, each course had a zip line at the end. There were a total of eight obstacles in each station before the zip line.

While I was sulking about having to do the course, everyone else seemed fairly excited.

"Okay! Let's do this kids. We will be doing this in pairs, you can't chose the pairs we have already chosen for you. Each of the pairs will be doing at least two obstacles of your choice. Let's get started, now, I will call out your pairs." The instructor explained.

"Cherry and Max.
Jeff and Maple.
Azure and Toby.
(Y/N) and Ben." Other names were called out but I didn't care for them honestly. I froze on the spot when I heard my name called along with Ben.

Earlier today with studying, I can't exactly say that I fixed our... friendship? Or something. It would still be awkward.

I sighed for the millionth time today as I strolled around looking for Ben. This seriously feels like déjà vu.

I finally found him, he was at some secluded corner. I walked over and motioned for him to come with me. To my luck, he actually followed me, no questions asked.

I put both my hands on my hips as I looked up at the obstacle courses that lied before us. There was one where you had tyres and you had to climb them, another where you would have to get through the huge solid Matts that were placed on a rope that you had to stand on.

There even was an obstacle where you would be showered in water if you don't finish before the time ends. I immediately crossed that off my list though, cause I remembered Ben telling me that he hated water.

I smiled remembering that times, when things were not so complicated, just simple high school lovers confronting each other about their fears- wait...

Did I just say high school lovers?! Okay scratch that, high school... friends? Ya know what? I have no idea what Ben and I were. Him and his stupid mood swings, one moment  he bullies me then the next moment he snuggles in a blanket with me. Unfair elf, playing with my heart.

I unknowingly pouted a bit. Which pulled on Ben's heart strings, but you didn't know that.

"Hey hun? Which obstacle you wanna go for?" He asked me. My heart fluttered at my nickname that I did not approve of. He hasn't called me that in awhile now.

"Hm," I tapped my chin in a thinking manner as I scanned around the whole course. "That one." I pointed to a colourful maze. "You can chose the other one." I said. He nodded as he looked around.

"Let's do that one!" Ben pointed to one that was really high in the sky. Classic rope and the obstacles hanging on them. I gulped, why did Ben just have to chose the hardest one?!

I heavily sighed as I couldn't stop a small smile coming up my face. "Okay, let's do mine first though, your's looks so hard." He nodded in agreement as we both headed off to the direction of the colourful maze.

Bonus:
Third person POV
If they went to the water obstacle course?
"HUN, NO NO NO NO NO NO!"

"BENNY, YES YES YES YES YES YES!"

(Y/N) and Ben chanted that for awhile, before (Y/N) got irritated and just pushed Ben into the water.

"AHHHHHHH." He screeched a high pitched scream. He was flapping his arms around in ankle deep water.

(Y/N) couldn't help but snicker at his silliness. Ben eventually got out of the shallow water and started chasing (Y/N) around, sputtering a string of unholy words.

"HUN, YOU ASSHAT, MOTHERFUQER!" (Y/N) giggled, even though she was clearly losing in this chase. Then, Ben finally caught up to (Y/N), causing her to suddenly halt to a stop.

He fell down and dragged poor (Y/N) along with him, they landed in a position that Ben was on top of (Y/N) and their faces were so close together that she could feel his hot breath fanning against her neck.

"U-Uh?" She flustered. Ben was a bit shocked at the moment and his cheeks slightly reddened, but soon recovered. He gave his signature cocky smirk, as he taunted her, "what's wrong hun?"

Upon hearing that, (Y/N) got out of her flustered and embarrassed state and pushed Ben off her. "Tch" She muttered. She rolled her eyes as she walked away.

Right before she was about to walk away, Ben mumbled something she couldn't catch.

"Damn it."

———————————————————————
And that's it! Please note that the bonus scene is not happening in the actual story plot, just a little bit of extra fluff to give y'all. And if you're confused, Ben mumbled, "Damn it." Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and get ready for the next chappie.
Btw, do y'all want spoilers? Go to our insta.
Insta: azuresyrup
I might post some on there. Anyways, now for outro.
I bid you adiu~
———————————————————————