Chapter 28: A Message Written in Cold Blood

⚠️ Warning! Slight gore ⚠️
And a lot of cursing ^w^
(Y/N)'s POV
I let out a shriek of horror, my eyes widened as I stumbled back. I just saw a dead body, and that's not the most frightening part. It was Maple's.

Her guts were gushing out of her open wound that looked fresh and was still bleeding. Her lifeless eyes were closed as her mouth was slightly open, her entire body was blooded as she lied there, lifeless and dead.

The others haven't seen what had happened yet. I quickly closed the door as put a hand in hopes of trying to calm my racing heart. A bead of sweat rolled down my cheek as the others stared at me curiously.

"What's wrong (Y/N)?" Cherry asked. I looked over to her, they would be devastated to find out that their dear Friend, Maple was dead. I blocked the door with my arms, "don't. I repeat, DON'T GO IN THERE!" I screamed at them, they seemed even more confused,

"Why?" Azure asked. As that happened, they wanted to go in even more, "NO!" They pushed through, and they saw...
*
The lifeless body of their Friend.

"M-Mapz?" Azure quivered. Max was in a state of shock while Cherry just broke down crying, Azure stood there, quivering, not believing that this was happening.

Ben was shocked too, he stood rooted to the ground as I started crying with Cherry.

"Who the fuck did this?!" Azure shouted, small beads of tears rolling down her face.

Seems dead she's dead she's dead she's dead she's dead she's dead she's dead she's dead. That chanted in my mind, but one thing always came back,

It's my fault.

If I haven't been caught, she would've been alive. Tears caressed my pale checks as I sobbed, Ben pat my back in hopes of comforting me, but to no avail, it didn't work.

Soon we all calmed down, Sure tears were shedded but, we had to make sure she had a proper funeral.

As we walked closer to the body, we noticed that Maple's right hand, her writing hand, had blood smeared all over her finger tips. It rested in an awkward position against the wall, and when we saw the wall, all our eyes widened.

There was a message written in her blood, it said,

"Qoe't pojji... d'ww vk vbgc xooe ;)"

It wrote, i furrowed my eyebrows, "what does that mean?" I asked.

"I-It's Cipher language." Azure stuttered out. "Can you understand it?" I asked of her. "I only learnt for a few months. But I think I know how to read the basics." She explained. I nodded as she step front to unravel the foreign language.

"I think it says 'don't worry, I'll be back soon'." She stated.

"Meaning...?" I questioned, then suddenly, all the Satan worshippers, Cherry, Max and Azure smirked. Tear stains were the only evidence of their sobs.

"She's not dead." They said bluntly in harmony, grins were plastered on their face as if the dead body laying there didn't bother them at all.

"What the fuck, explain please." Ben demanded, as confused as me.

Max shrugged, "she's not dead."

"But her body is right there." I said.

"Yea, but she might be laying there. But she's coming back as soon as possible." Cherry said, with another shrug of her shoulders.

"That's not possible." Ben said.

"Being the devil slash fucking Satan, she's mother fucking immortal bitch." Azure cursed, her grin was the widest if them all.

"I swear if she actually comes back from the dead, I'm gonna become a Satan worshipper." I whispered under my breath.

(Okay this is not related but I want Satan to wake up and be like, "WELCOME TO FUCKVILLE MOTHERFUCKERS." 😂)

"We'll be prepared to be a worshipper." Cherry smiled. I sighed as we totally forgot the dead body laying right in front of us.

"Soo... what do we do with the body?" I asked. "Call the cops, find Helen." Ben suggested. Find Helen.

"Okay, let's find that Son of a bitch first." I said, colliding both my fist together in a punching manner.

They all nodded in agreement as we looked for clues, "I feel like we're in a murder movie right now." Max said. Ben let out a Low chuckle as he said huskily, "and we're looking for a killer." Then he stalked up behind me and shook my shoulders, "BOO!" He shouted, I let out a blood curdling scream in fear as I jumped backwards. I looked behind me only to see Ben.

I punched him hard, but it didn't do much, "don't do that Benny!" I screamed. He let out a husky chuckle, "hehe, okay sorry." He apologise much to my surprise.

"Did the great Benjamin just apologise?" I teased. His grin dropped as he let out a scowl, "Shut the fuck up." He said, in a threatening tone, but that didn't faze me at all. I sighed and shook my head disappointedly, "the sweet Ben is gone and jerk Ben is back."

He rolled his eyes, "whatever, let's just find this jerk." I nodded.

"Wait... shouldn't we call the police?" Max asked, tilting his head a little. "Uh... perhaps not." I said, they shot me confused looks why so, thus I explained my reason, "cause, if they do then they'll take us in for questioning, then you guys said that Maple's coming back right?" I asked as they nodded their heads, "so, more the reason to hide the body, what if the police claim her body, face and person dead? Then when she supposedly comes back, the police will know some crazy shit is going on and will probably take her in for experiments." I caught my breath from my speech of explanation.

When I looked at my audience from the speech, also known as Benny and the Satan worshippers, they looked stunned, "that's true, I didn't think of that." Max said with a hand resting on his Chin, shaking his head a disappointing manner. "Then what do we do?" Cherry asked in a questioning tone.

"Burn it." A voice chimed in. The voice was Ben's, his blunt statement made so much sense yet no sense at all, does that make sense? I was conflicted whether or not to agree or not agree with his simple answer of "Burn it". I pondered, thinking about the goods and bass in burning the soon rotting body, the goods are that there's a chance that nobody will find out and we don't tell the police but we don't get the police's help in catching Helen, the bass are that if we do tell the police, they will ask for the body and then help us with catching Helen, and there's a chance that if we burn Maple's body without police's permission, they might think we murdered her if they find out.

I sighed as my brain started to hurt from all the thinking, "let's just keep it to ourselves first." Ben suggested. "Yea, Ben is right." I agreed. The satan worshippers sighed, "okay then, we shall keep the body because we don't know whether or not Maple will reincarnate with a new body or keep her old one."

"I hope she keeps her old body, then she would wake up looking like a zombie!" Cherry excitedly pointed out, her eyes twinkling with an  . I suddenly grew frightened by her strange behavior, but it wasn't that new, considering Satan talks about dead stuff all the time due to her sadistic side.

BANG*

A noise ran through the room. Everyone grew silent, until I asked, "u-uh... was that any of you guys?"

They all shook their heads, a bead of sweat rolled down my face as I turned around.

There stood a transparent figure, waving their hand,

"Heya."

———————————————————————
Howdy peeps! Apologises for late chapters, Ma phone was confiscated. Anyways, hope y'all enjoyed and,
I bid you adieu~
————————————————————————