002 - The Realization

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"SH#T!" I say out loud.

"Y/N, no swearing in the car. It's contagious!" Garroth says annoyingly.

"Y/N what's wrong? You forgot something at home?" Vylad asks politely.

It's about Laurence. Garroth's best friend. Also my kinda best friend.

I should tell them. They're my brothers, they'll understand my worries.

"I'm gonna have to hang out with Laurence! Well maybe not hang out but I'll have to talk to him. And uh well..you know..."

Laurence has baby blue eyes and brown hair. Stands about 5'8 with a healthy body.

You see, the police only found out who killed my mother three months ago. Darrell Zvahl, Laurence's uncle. Finding out my best friends uncle killed my mom makes things a bit awkward between us.

Laurence lived nearby and we became pretty close a month before I turned 13.

I'm 14 now. It's been three months since I talked to Laurence. Why didn't I talk to him? I wanted to avoid the awkwardness.

Ever since we found out, I started getting anxious when around him. We havent talked since because it was way too awkward.

I realized I was gonna see him in school which is why I panicked.

"Oh by the way, Y/N, Laurence and I were always cool about the situation. We never mentioned mom." Garroth says casually.

"What? Really? How did it not get awkward?" I ask.

"Well Laurence hasn't even met Darrell and everyone thought he moved to Africa. Plus, he's my best friend so I wouldn't feel awkward even if I found out his uncle killed Mom." He says.

"You're so chill I envy you." I say as he chuckles.

We all get off the car and arrive at Phoenix Drop High. Garroth's high school. Us siblings walk together to the front of the school.

 Us siblings walk together to the front of the school

As expected, Garroth's already with his friends. A blue haired girl with wavy hair and blue eyes, a white haired boy with green eyes, a blue haired boy with blue eyes, and a black haired girl wearing a bow.

"Y/N, don't you effing dare leave till we get our friends. I don't wanna be a highschool loner." Zane tells me.

"We only have each other (and Vylad) but if you get friends first, I might end up alone." He says

"Yeah I won't don't worry Zane. I'll kick anyones ass for you." I say.

Zane gives my a light pat on the back.

"Thanks Y/N."

"Anytime."

We look at the school from the outside. It's big, fancy and full of normal looking people.

Though a particular person stands out from the crowd. He has brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and baby blue eyes. He's tall and seems to have a healthy body. It's Laurence.

Zane notices me staring at him with fear in my eyes.

"Y/N go talk to him. He's your best friend and probably the only person (aside from your brothers) you'll eat with the rest of the year." Zane tells me comfortingly.

"I guess I should. You're coming with me though." I say.

"Wait where's Vylad?" Asks Zane.

We look around for Vylad and notices him with a brown haired boy.

Oh crap Vylad's with Laurence!

Vylad and Laurence walk towards us