009 - Suspension

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I stand on my feet holding onto Garroth trying to process what's happening.

From what I remember, Zenix just kicked me in the stomach and I landed on a thorn bush. Luckily, I only have one big cut on my right arm instead of many tiny cuts.

I'm starting to regret talking to the Shadow Knights. I shouldn't have defended myself. I should've let them play with me. Now I hurt Gene. I turned myself into a monster. I'm now seen as a monster. Nobody believes I'm the true victim. How will ever I face high school?

≫ ──── ≪•◦ GARROTH'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I watch the Guidance Counsellor gesturing Gene, Zenix, and Sasha to follow her. She looks at me and signals me to follow as well. I follow and let Y/N walk by herself. All I see in her eyes are guilt.

As the oldest brother, it's my duty to protect my younger siblings. As the older one, I'm stronger, smarter and more responsible. Even if I was never told to take care of my younger siblings, I'd do it anyways. Why? Because I love my siblings. They're the only family I got left.

I love Zane, I love Vylad, and I love Y/N. But I failed them all.

Zane won't talk to me, Vylad, or Y/N anymore because when he looks at us, he's reminded of the pain we go through every day. He's trying to be a good brother but seeing us this way hurts him too much to the point where he doesn't want to see us.

Vylad has been working and studying harder. He secretly got a part-time gas station job to earn us more money so we can see a therapist. He's studying psychology and therapy on the internet just to get us out of this situation with our father. While this doesn't seem bad, he's unhappy with his life and all he wants to do is write stories, read books and obsess over literature. He has to do this to us while he could be doing what he loves.

And Y/N, she no longer comes to me for my guidance as her older brother. I was always there for her until she got tangled up with Gene's trouble. She didn't come to me because she never wanted to see me hurt. I can't believe I let that happen to her after everything she's going through.

As they walk, I notice the Guidance Counsellor talking to Laurence. They look calm and collected but serious and cautious. When they finish, Laurence walks back to his class.

The walk was silent. I could feel everyone's guilt in the atmosphere. Though I wasn't looking, I knew Y/N was stared at. I knew people were watching us and whispering. Guilt flushed through everyone's faces. Except one; Gene's face. He wore a sly yet subtle smirk that I would kill to slice off his face.

As we arrive, the Guidance Counselor makes Y/N and I wait in the lobby. Gene, Sasha, and Zenix enter the room with her.

Sasha makes a sarcastic sad face at Y/N to try and taunt her. I glance at Y/N and I'll never forget how her face was so lifeless. I let this happen to her. I should've been there for her.

The wait was silent as well. Y/N wasn't talking. But I could tell she was eager to talk to the Guidance Counsellor. She even refused to go to the clinic. That's how eager she was.

All of a sudden, I feel her head fall on my lap. I could feel her staring into the wall. Her eyes were empty and her expression was blank.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I know I should've been there for you but I made the wrong choice of focusing on my issues over my siblings."

"That's not the wrong choice. Garroth we both screwed up. We shouldn't have ignored our problems hoping they'd fix themselves."

"I should have known better. I'm sorry, Y/N."

"I'm sorry too."

After a few moments, Sasha, Zenix and Gene walk out. They don't seem like they're in trouble since they seem happy to be leaving. The counsellor gestures us to come inside.

We sit on the chairs in front of the consellors desk. She takes a seat and takes out her notebook and pen.

The rooms aroma smells old fashioned and fancy. The atmosphere is comforting and clean. But Y/N's aura was empty and dreadful.

GC (Guidance Counsellor): Garroth Ro'Meave, thank you for reporting. You're a good brother.

I give her a nod.

GC: So Y/N, how long have you been friends with these "Shadow Knights?"

Y/N: Since the year started.

GC: So about a month?

Y/N nods.

GC: Your brother told me everything.

Yes. I explained everything but our situation at home.

The GC explains what I explained and asks

GC: Is all this true?

Y/N: ...

Y/N: Yeah...

GC: You won't be punished for this, Y/N. But lying about witchcraft was still wrong. You have the right to choose your friends and who you hang out with. Now don't worry about your reputation. I had Gene delete all the facebook posts and write a new one of him apologizing. Gene, Sasha and Zenix are no longer allowed to talk to you and are suspended for a week.

She takes out her phone and shows us Gene's post.

"If you received my emails, text messages, or saw my post, please ignore them. This account was hacked and the videos weren't real, they were edited to seem real. Everything mentioned in my post was false. Don't go witch-hunting or bullying anyone after that post. If anyone does, the school will make you suffer the consequences."

Y/N: Thank you Ms. Anders

GC: You're welcome. You're dismissed.

Y/N leaves the room with a smile on her face. She weakly smiles at me and I smile back at her as we high five. It's nice to see a hopeful smile again after everything she's been through.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ LAURENCE'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I wait outside the guidance office to see how their appointment went. I see Y/N and Garroth high five through the glass door. I open it and smile at them.

"Someone looks happy." I say.

Y/N runs to me and hugs me smiling.

"Check facebook, Laurence." Garroth tells me.

I check facebook and it's Gene's apology post.

"See, told you things would work out." I say.

Garroth and I walk Y/N to her next class. But in the way, people stare at her and whisper. There are people smiling at her and talking about her. Though not everyone seems interested in Y/N, she's in the spotlight. Y/N gives me a worried look.

"Did you really kick Gene's crotch?"