017 - Petty Drama

Laurence: Y/N, listen.

Y/N: Listen to what!? Why do you treat me better than how you treat everyone else? Why am I so important to you?

Laurence: Isn't it obvious?

Y/N: What?

Laurence: That I love you.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ LAURENCE'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I couldn't believe the words that just came out of my mouth. I looked at Y/N with her face flushed. I shouldn't have said that but its too late

Y/N: W-well...I hope you mean it.

Laurence: I do mean it.

Y/N: How do you expect me to believe that?

Laurence: Y/N...

Tears start forming in my eyes. This is high school. High school love isn't real. It's petty, way too dramatic, and we're so unsure if we really love this person. Maybe I'm not in love with Y/N. Maybe I'm just obsessed with being with her. But I know if I had to choose my first and last girlfriend, it would be her. And I'm sure of that.

But I blew my chances. I said things she disagreed with. To her, I sounded insensitive and apathetic. But in reality, I just wanted to protect us from petty high school drama.

Laurence: I just don't want you to get hurt again.

Y/N: Thanks but...you have to worry about yourself before worrying about someone you know you don't love. I know you play with girls' feelings. I know you're just playing mind games with me. I know what you were like in your freshman year. I only stuck with you because I thought you were my only friend. And in fact i thought I loved you too.

Laurence: Do you love me?

Y/N: After today, maybe I still do, but not in the same way.

Laurence: ... I gotta get to class.

I turn my back and walk away. I don't look behind me because I don't want to see the disappointment in her face. She's been through enough at a young age. I've never experienced anything as painful as she has. Which is why I wanted to help. But sometimes, helping others will only hurt you.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ TIME SKIP ◦•≫ ──── ≪

≫ ──── ≪•◦ VYLAD'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

In the car ride back home, I notice Y/N keeping to herself and blushing. Maybe something happened with Laurence? Maybe someone asked her out? Who knows. I'm not gonna bother hee but I can't help but be curious.

Garroth's on the phone with Lydia, talking about the groceries and stuff like that.

Garroth: Yeah we're near...No I can't I got a few tests tomorrow...Oh right I'll look for some online...Maybe Y/N can do it?...Yeah I'll have Zane come too...Thanks bye.

He hangs up the phone and drives to a stop light.

Garroth: Y/N, Zane, you two got to get groceries tonight. Vylad, go to your job. I'll be at home studying and looking for part time jobs.

Zane: Why do you need a job? I mean aren't we well off with Lydia and dad's new job?

Garroth: Well, I have three years left till college and I gotta be ready.

Zane: Okay, Y/N and I will get some jobs too.

Garroth: No maybe not yet since you guys are still freshmen and you two haven't even turned fifteen yet.

Zane: Okay we'll just get jobs then.

Garroth's getting a job huh. He really is hard working. I feel bad he has to act like our dad. Maybe I'll take another part time job too. Maybe I'll help pay for their college and just go to community college. Who knows where we'll be when we're older. Right now, the last thing we need to worry about is our love lives.

Zane: So Y/N, your face has been red since you entered the car.

I see Zane's noticed too.

Y/N: So?

Zane: Did something happen with *wink wink*?

Y/N: Who the hell is "wink wink?"

Zane: You know who I'm talking about.

Y/N: Well it's none of your buisness.

Zane: Come on. At least tell us why you're all red.

Y/N ignores Zane and puts on her earphones.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ LAURENCE'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

When I get home, I immediately take a shower to think about what just went down. Why did that happen? Why didn't we get each other? I have no idea how to fix this whole situation.

...

I get out of the shower, put on my clothes, and my first instinct is to go to the park.

Just as I expected, Sasha's sitting on the grass with Zenix.

Laurence: Sasha, Zenix, where's Gene?

Zenix: On his way here. Now scram.

I sit next to Zenix and try to engage him in conversation.

Lauremce: So about the-

Sasha: Laurence, go. We already explained everything. We don't care about what you do next. You can publicly shame us or spread rumours, we don't care.

Laurence: Geez chill. I was only gonna ask for some proof of Blaze being a creep.

Zenix: Check out his gym bag. Nobody would suspect porn mags and panties in a gym bag.

Laurence: But I can't just go through his bag!

Sasha: You're problem. Now leave us alone.

Sasha and Zenix move towards another part of the park. I catch up to them because I still need proof.

Sasha: I said leave us alone.

Laurence: Well I won't leave you unless you get me solid evidence.

Zenix: That's your problem, stupid.

Gene's acrossbthe bridge as Sasha runs to him.

Sasha: Gene, get rid of Laurence for us!

Gene: Okay then. Laurence.

Laurence: Gene.

Gene: Leave us alone, or we'll leak Y/N's nudes.