015 - A Suspicious Meet Up

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S  POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Y/N: Is he a nice guy?

Zane: Yeah he payed for my lunch one time because I left my lunch at home. Why do you ask?

Y/N: I just need to know about him. I need to hear it from you.

Zane: Why is that?

Y/N: Because after prom, Gene told me that Laurence and I deserved to know "the truth." He told us to meet up with him on Monday lunch time. He told me it's about your friend. I'm not sure if it's this Blaze guy but I figured I should ask you before meeting up with him.

Zane: Oh...well what else happened after prom?

Y/N: Each one of Gene's gang genuinely apologized to Laurence and I. They took every responsibility and admitted that it's all their fault. Gene ever wrapped up my arm.

Zane takes a look at my arm and all of a sudden, he rips out the bandage.

Y/N: Zane!

Zane: You can't trust Gene! He could've poisoned that or something. Come with me, lets clean up the wound again.

He drags me to the bathroom, wets my arm with water, dries my arm, and bandages the wound. Zane and I walk back to our room and continue our little talk.

Y/N: What the hell was that, Zane?

Zane: I get that Gene might've changed but you can never be so sure. You have to be cautious around these types of people. You cant trust everyone.

Y/N: You do have a point.

Zane: If you and stupid Laurence are meeting up with Gene, make sure you record everything so if he tries anything, you can use the footage against him.

Y/N: Alright Zane.

Zane: Y/N

Y/N: Yeah?

Zane: Please take care of yourself.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ TIME SKIP ◦•≫ ──── ≪

monday:

Prom was hectic, the weekend was stressful, and today will be hell. But like I was last time, I have to stay strong. Earlier this morning, Laurence texted me to meet up with him at the library at lunch. I'm not sure why since we have to meet up with Gene but I trust him, I'll go.

After my finished lunch, I lie and tell my friends I have to leave early to study for a test. There is no test.

I walk into the library seeing the usual smart kids studying for tests, and the usual gamers playing Gang Barricade 2. I scan the library searching for Laurence, seeing him looking down the window holding his phone. I walk to him and stand beside him.

Y/N: So what's up?

Laurence: Just wanted to make sure of something.

I look at his phone to see him recording the Shadow Knights under the bleachers. I watch the Shadow Knights inaudibly talk to a red haired werewolf. Taking a closer look, I recognize him as Blaze Palmer. Judging by their actions, Gene's facial expressions imply he's angrily shouting at Blaze as Blaze shouts back. Observing Sasha and Zenix's blank expressions, they're trying to hide how they feel about the situation.

After Gene seems to have cooled off, Blaze grows an evil smile and gives Gene an envelope. Gene continues his shouting as Blaze starts walking away with a smirk. Gene turns to Sasha and Zenix's guilty ridden faces looking at them in shame. Sasha walks to Gene and puts her hand on his shoulder. Zenix walks closer to Gene and pulls the the two into a hug.

I turn to Laurence with a confused look in my face. He signals me to start moving towards the Shadow Knights. We walk downstairs, outside the school and under the bleachers. We see the three delinquents staring at the ground with guilty faces and depressed bodies.

Laurence: Gene, we're here. Make this quick. We'll have to get to class soon.

Gene glances back at Laurence and stares back to the ground.

In an emotionless tone, he says

Gene: Laurence, Y/N, thanks for coming. I'll get straight to the point.

Sasha: We just wanted to explain why we've been mean.