006 - I'm Sorry, Laurence

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N's POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I laugh! Hanging out with the Shadow Knights was full of fun. We're all like minded and I honestly find them enjoyable. I try keeping to myself distant but I was having so much fun. I forget about what Laurence says.

After lunch, Laurence approaches me.

"Heyyyyyyy where were you?" He asks playfully.

"I was with the Shadow Knights. Sasha insisted I eat with them just once. Not gonna lie, they're actually fun people." I say.

"Y/N, I thought I told you that they're troublesome. I can't let my shorty get in trouble with these jerks." He says.

"Alright I'll try not to get in trouble with them." I say.

"Though I have to go to Sasha's house tonight. She had Lucinda cancel witchcraft."

"What?! What a bastard. I forgot they were friends." He says annoyed.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ TIME SKIP ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I get home. I dress up and prepare to go to Sasha's house.

I say bye to my brothers and climb out of my window.

Once I get to the house next to mine, I knock on the door and Sasha's mom answers.

"Ah, you must be Y/N. Nice to see you again. Sasha's upstairs in her room." Sasha's mom says with her sweet voice.

"Thanks Mrs. Martinez." I answer politely.

I walk upstairs and I'm guessing her room is the one with spray paint on the door. As I open the door, I literally see Zenix asleep in Sasha's closet, Gene smoking on Sasha's bed, and Sasha on the floor with her headphones on.

"Oh hey Y/N." Gene says with zero emotion.

"Saaaaashaaaa!" Gene groans.

"Y/N's heeeeere."

Sasha gets up and hugs me without a word. I hug back and I sit on the floor next to Sasha.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I ask confusingly.

"Nuthin." Gene says.

"Okayyyy....can I lie down?" I ask.

"Oh you don't have to ask that." Sasha says. "Do what makes ya comfortable."

I lay on the floor waiting for something to happen. Something does happen. Screams.

We could hear my dads loud ass screams. It even wakes Zenix up.

"What the hell is that noise, Sasha?" Zenix asks.

"It's either a drunk man or a murderer gone wild." Says Gene.

"Okay Y/N. You're telling us what's going on in your house." Sasha says looking at me angrily.

Zenix throws an empty cigarette box at me. "Yeah! That woke me up!" Zenix yells.

"Y/N, what the f#ck is going on?" Gene says slyly. "I'm *very* curious, girly." He says.

"Y/N, tell us!" Sasha shouts.

Everyone is pressuring me to tell them! I can't keep it inside anymore. I can't hide it since Sasha could have us evicted. Sasha could get even angrier, Gene could spread rumours, and Zenix could bully me about it. My brain is clouding up from all this thinking! I need to calm down. I need to calm down fast.

"My dad has a drinking problem. It started about three years ago when my mom died. I don't know what's going on now but every day, his mental breakdowns get worse." Before I know it, there are tears on my cheeks and Sasha's hand is on my head.

"Y/N, you can stay here. I understand your situation and you don't have to stay there if you can't." Sasha says.

"If your dad asks about going to Sasha's, lie about it being a school trip and wait for the problem to fix itself." Zenix says.

"Hey my mom makes my lunch and its absolutely delicious. Cafeteria lunch is quite expensive so if your dad doesn't give enough lunch money, I can have my mom cook more." Gene says.

"Hey, the Shadow Knights got each other's backs. You should join us." Zenix says.

"Thanks guys..." I say realizing I've already stopped crying.

"I'll think about it but thanks for the offer."

I've realized that the Shadow Knight's are actually good people. What was Laurence's problem? If he won't tell me then why should I believe they're trouble? I'm sorry Laurence. I choose my friends and I think I found them.

The rest of the night, everyone just listens to the screams. Dad is really freakin' loud.

I get bored so I say goodbye and walk away from Sasha's house.

Where do I go? Laurences house.