014 - The Ride Home

We continue watching Gravity Falls in the car as I hear a loud bang on my car, startling Y/N and waking her up a bit.

"What the heck was that?" I exclaim.

"Hey Laurence, what's going on?" Y/N asks.

We both get out of the car and see Gene, Sasha and Zenix sitting on the trunk of my car.

"L-laurence..." Y/N says with shrill and fear in her voice.

"Gene, what the hell?" I say glaring at him.

He turns to his side to see me standing next to Y/N. Gene smirks and stands up. He walks closer to us with Sasha and Zenix following behind him.

"Hey, slut." Gene says looking down and staring at the ground with his hands in his jean pockets.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"You #sshole what are doing doing here I'm going to kill-" I say interrupted by a hand on my shoulder.

I look behind me and Laurence keeps his hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down." Laurence says. "Gene, I'd like to hear what you have to say."

"Uhh..." He looks down once again. Fidgeting with his hands.

"Come on Gene. Spit it out already." Sasha says impatiently.

In a monotone voice, he says "I take full responsibility for what happened to you AND to Laurence. EVERYTHING is MY fault. Sasha and Zenix were just pressured into following my orders. I apologize for what I've done to you."

He walks closer to me, reaches for something in his pocket, and takes out a twenty dollar bill.

"He's twenty bucks." He says giving it to me.

I take the money and thank him emotionlessly.

"One more thing." He says.

Gene comes closer at me and looks at my arm taking something out of his pocket. He wraps some sort of medical cloth around my arm.

"I noticed you never went to the clinic so you were dealing with an open wound all week. You shouldn't do that you know." He says with a blank expression.

He lets go of my arm and walks to Laurence.

"I know what I did was unforgivable. But if it helps, I'll tell you something that will either make you hate me more, or hate me less. Either way, you deserve to know the truth." Gene says seriously staring into Laurence.

Laurence gives back a serious look and says "How do I know you're not planning on hurting me again?"

"I...I don't know." Gene says looking away from Laurence in guilt.

"Then why should I hear what you have to say?" Laurence says.

"Laurence, what we're about to tell you could damage us more than it could to you. We don't have much time and we need to leave before he sees us." Zenix says.

"Then h-" Laurence says interrupted by Gene.

"It's about Zane's friend. That's all we can say for now. We really need to go." Gene interrupts.

"Meet us under the bleachers behind the school. What we talked about tonight, stays between us." Sasha says.

"I'm sorry again." Gene says. "Here's twenty bucks, Laurence." He says throwing a rolled up pile of one dollar bills.

"We appreciate you listening to us." Sasha says.

Gene and his friends disappear into the sidewalk.