010 - Yesterday's Difference

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Did you really kick Gene's crotch?" Asks a curious voice

I feel someone tapping my shoulder from behind.

I look behind and it's a girl with dark skin and brown hair. Her hair seems to have parts that are lighter or darker than the other parts.

I raise and eyebrow as she asks, "So did you?" She asks with her eyes glittering with excitement.

"Yes?" I answer confusingly.

"Nobody had ever stood up to Gene before! After what he did, I can't imagine someone being brave enough to defend themselves." She says in a serious yet impressed tone.

"You're Y/N Ro'Meave, right?" She asks.

"Yeah that's me." I say with a nervous chuckle.

"Teony."

She hands out a hand for me to shake. I shake it and she leaves.

Garroth gives me a playful punch.

"Looks like my baby sister's reputation is alright." He says with a smile.

"I told you things would work out." Laurence says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Haha yeah I guess you were right, Laurence." I say.

"I have to go to class now. I have an important project with Dante." Garroth says walking away and waving at Laurence and I.

Laurence: I told ya things would work out if you just did something about it.

Y/N: And you were right. It's just that it was Garroth who did something.

Laurence: Which is why you have to start standing up for yourself. I'm not saying don't depend on Garroth, I'm just saying that there will be times where you have nobody to rely on. Take care of yourself, kay?

Y/N: Alright. I won't avoid my problems anymore. I'll stand up just like how I stood up to Gene.

Laurence: Now that's my girl, Y/N.

He says smiling as I feel my cheeks flush pink.

I walk to class and say my goodbyes.

Damn what a day! Laurence was right. Things did work out. Looks like nobody will bully me anymore. Looks like the rest of my freshman year will be safe.

It's like the stars are finally aligning and I'll have the high school life of my dreams. I'll meet the friends I'll keep for life, I'll pursue hobbies and activities for my future, and I'll have fun.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ TIME SKIP ◦•≫ ──── ≪

As Garroth drives us home, Zane, Vylad and I talk and laugh all throughout the ride.