011 - Just Like We Used To

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I feel a hand on my head. I open my eyes, look up and see Laurence smiling at me.

"How's my happy little girl doing?" He asks jokingly.

"What the hell Laurence?" I say smiling. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

Laurence lets go of my head and puts his hands on his hips.

"Hanging out with Garroth. What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I live here, dumbass." I reply.

"Oh right." He smirks. "Why are you all alone outside?" He asks.

"Just needed some time to think and be alone. This week's been tough." I answer.

"I heard from Garroth that you guys have a caretaker now. How are they?" He asks.

"She's really fancy and intimidating and honestly seems boring. Seems nice though."

"Oh you'll love the food she makes."

"How do you know that?"

"She used to be our caretaker for about a week when I was ten."

"Really?"

"Yeah my dads friend told your dad about her."

"Wow. I'm hungry now."

"I'll go inside now." He says. "Garroth and I are going to argue with strangers on the internet." He says.

"Isn't that kinda mean?"

"No it's fun! The stupid strangers you'll get to talk to are really fun!"

"You're mean!"

"You're no fun."

"I can be fun!"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah!"

"If I don't have fun tonight, you owe me all the ice cream sandwiches you have."

"No fair! You'll end up having fun with Garroth anyway."

"Then you gotta find a way to make me have fun. If the fun doesn't come from you, you loose a dozen ice cream sandwiches."

"I hate you but the deals on."

We give each other determined and playful smiles as we go inside. We join hands starting the deal. He says hi to Lydia as Lydia heads towards the kitchen to cook our dinner. Garroth calls Laurence as they walk up to his room.

I sit on the couch and for once, it's not icky and gross, it's comfortable and clean. I put on Gravity Falls and play it loud enough making sure Laurence hears the theme song. This is our favourite show to watch together and he can't resist watching it with me.

"NO Y/N!" He shouts from upstairs. "YOU WILL NOT TEMPT ME!"

I giggle and continue watching.

Now it's just me all alone in the living room with the lights off. There's no dad hogging the TV watching basketball, no broken beer bottles on the coffee table, no loud angry phone calls. It's peaceful, just like when mom was here.

Garroth and Laurence are hanging out in his room, Vylad is in his room studying, Zane is in his room playing with his horsies, and Lydia is out getting us groceries.

Ten minutes in the episode, I hear footsteps running down the stairs. Before I get to look, Laurence jumps on me and hugs me as I fall into the couch.