003 - Laurene Zvahl

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The closer they come, the faster my heart races. The next moment Laurence's hand is on my head playfully rubbing it as he grins.

"Y/N, Zane, hello again." Laurence says with his comforting soft voice.

"Heyyyyy Laurence." I say awkwardly.

"Girl, stop being so awkward. You should be over it by now." He says playfully.

"Wait, you're not mad at me?" I ask.

"Of course not, Y/N. I know how you felt and I understood that. Are you alright now?"

"Yeah I am. Thanks." I smile as he lets his hand off my head.

"Y/N, let's be real. Knowing how awkward you can be, you won't have much friends. You'll just have me, and your brothers. I'll keep you happy the rest of the year. Kay?"

"Thanks Laurence."

Laurence goes behind me and braids my long, hip length hair. It's kind of our friendship thing. His hair used to be a bit longer and I was sad I didn't know how to braid. I braided his hair as a joke to make me jealous. So i got a little grumpy so he braided my hair. Every time I saw him, he would braid my hair. To this day, I still don't know how to braid it.

]TIME SKIP[

Vylad, Zane, and I walk to our homeroom. The rest of the day was like normal school. Nothing too new aside from a new environment.

Lunch is here. Zane and I awkwardly stand next to each other with our food.

"Y/N, where the hell do we sit?"

"I don't even know."

A tall black haired guy approaches us with two other people. A girl with silvery purple hair, and a boy with straight brown hair.

"You're one of the Ro'Meave twins right?" The silver haired girl haired one asks.

"Yeah?" I answer confusingly.

"Y/N and Zane, right?" This girl seem oddly familiar.

"Yes." Zane answers with a hint of hostility.

"The ones who used to live in Konasa Avenue?!" The girl asks excitedly.

"Okay what do you want, stalkers?" Zane asks with an angry tone.

"Y/N, it's me, Sasha. Imm not sure if you remember me but hi. So these are my friends."

"I'm Zenix."

"My name's Gene." He says and looks at Sasha.

"Sasha, what are you doing?"

Sasha speaks. "Y/N, you probably don't remember but when we were ten we-"

"Played board games till midnight? Now I remember." I interrupt.

"Damn you guys look so different." Zane says letting out a chuckle.

"Didn't know you guys moved back." Sasha says happily.

"We actually moved back two years ago." I say.

"That's cool. Why didn't you come visit?" Sasha asks.

"We assumed you forgot and we never bothered to check." Zane says laughing.

"Well, you guys wanna come sit with us?"

"Zane, Y/N, you're not sitting with them, you're sitting with me." Says a voice from behind.

It's Laurence.

"Hey Laurence look! It's our childhood friend, Sasha." I say.

"Hey! Laurence! Good to see you!" Gene says walking over him with open arms, wanting a hug.

"No. Just no." Laurence says coldly as he walks to us.

"Y/N, Zane, don't talk to them. Just come with me."

"But-" He interrupts me.

"Now!" He says a bit angrily.

"You could've been cool, Laurence!" Gene shouts at him.

Zane and I follow Laurence confused.

Laurence, Zane and I sit at an empty table.

"The hell's wrong Laurence?" Zane asks.

"Please take what I'll say seriously." He says.

"Those are the Shadow Knights. They're big trouble and you two shouldn't be hanging out with them." Zane suddenly bursts into laughter.

"HAHA! Shadow Knights? What kind of looser name is that?"

"Zane, I'm serious. I hung out with them when I was a freshman. They're not cool. I swear if they get near you two, I will beat them up." He says in a serious tone.

"Alright, Laurence." Zane says.

"If you say so," I say.

Zane stands up. "I'll go to Garroth and Vylad. I wanna talk to Garroth's friends since I already know you two. Bye."

He leaves me and Laurence alone.

I miss when Laurence and I got to talk. When it was just the two of us, it was just laughs and giggles. It was warm and comfy.

The two of us just hang out like we usually do. Lunch ends and he pats my shoulder. We go our separate ways. I walk to class and on my way there, I see Sasha.