016 - Their Side

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/N'S POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Laurence and I silently walk to class. After what we just heard, we were left in shock.

Y/N: Do you believe them?

Laurence: No.

Y/N: What do we do...

≫ ──── ≪•◦ FLASHBACK ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Sasha: So this Blaze Palmer guy. He's handsome, athletic, yet really quite.

Zenix: Trust us, the guy's a real psychopath.

Laurence: Just like you guys.

Gene: SHUT UP L-

Zenix stops Gene from moving towards Laurence.

Zenix: Calm down.

Gene sighs and continues to explain.

Gene: He's the one who took your videos.

Silence fills the area.

Y/N: H-how do you know?

Gene: Because he paid us to be mean to you.

Zenix: You see, he has this stupid fetish for girls going through angsty high school drama.

Laurence: So you're saying that this Blaze guy is just some creep? Oh please how are we supposed to believe that you guys aren't just plain rotten.

Silence.

Sasha: Laurence, we really needed the money.

Laurence: Oh please. Money for what? You live in a two story house?

Sasha: We don't have enough...

Gene drops a zip lock bag of about 100$ worth of cash.

Gene: You two can have that. We're giving the money he gave us to our victims. What we've been doing was wrong, we're just trying to make up for it.

Sasha: Then we'll blackmail Blaze. Telling him that if he doesn't give us more money, we'll expose him, even if it means exposing ourselves.

Zenix: We're assholes, but now we're trying to make up for it.

Y/N: You think money's gonna make me forget about all the trauma? Those memories with you are gonna haunt me for life.

Gene turns around.

Gene: Well if you don't want it then I guess-

Laurence: I'll take it.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ FLASHBACK END ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I arrive at my classroom wearing a blank expression. Laurence looks at me with pitiful eyes. I wonder what's going through his mind.

Laurence: Try not to think about it. Let's not get involved.

Y/N: Not get involved? But we have to do something.

Laurence: What they're doing may be wrong but who knows what they could do to us if we intervene.

Y/N: All we should do is warn Lucinda.

Laurence: Whats after that? What if she thinks we lied and makes others think we're liars too? What if Gene finds out we spread what he told us and gets us into more trouble?

Y/N: But she's a victim!

Laurence: Who cares?

Y/N: So you're just not gonna care about your friend?

Laurence: We're not even close.

Y/N: But she's your friend! What are you gonna do if she goes through what I went through?

Laurence: She's not my responsibility.

Y/N: Well neither am I yet you got rid of my Dad. You left behind the drama with my moms murder. You hug me when I'm sad. You do all this for me but you won't do anything about Lucinda?

Laurence: No Y/N it's not like that! I just can't get involved and start more drama.

Y/N: But you got involved with me. Why?

...

...

...

Laurence: Because...

Y/N: What? Is it because you think the same way as the Shadow Knights? You used to be one of them. Are you planning to bully me too? Are you planning to be good to me just like the Shadow Knights were just so you can loose my trust and hurt me?

Laurence: Y/N, listen.

Y/N: Listen to what!? Why do you treat me better than how you treat everyone else? Why am I so important to you?

Laurence: Isn't it obvious?

Y/N: What?

Laurence: That I love you.