Chapter 20

Finally, Wednesday arrived. You were kind of tired with Bakugou staring at you with an almost sad look all day yesterday and today. You felt bad, but you didn't like him back.

Lunch was long and boring, as Todoroki was nowhere to be found. Deku looked like he was having fun with his friends, so you didn't want to bother him. You just decided to climb the tallest tree and eat there.

~

"This is for you," you offered shyly. "I made it."

Todoroki accepted it, his fingers gently brushing against yours as he did.

"It's just a small bracelet, but I hope you like it."

"Thanks," he said quietly, but what he really wanted to say was 'I love it'.

You smiled and sipped at your drink.

Suddenly, your phone rang. The caller ID was your mother.

"Hello, mom? What's up?"

"Honey, there's a villain attack down by the train station and they really need your help."

"But mom," you said. "I'm with a friend."

The word "friend" stabbed Todoroki in the gut.

"Now, or you're grounded for life."

You groaned. "Fine." She hung up.

"I'm sorry, Todoroki-kun, but I have to go. You dug some money out of your bag. "For my drink."

"Ah, I see. (souka 😂) Well, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah!"

After you were out of eyesight, you used your Quirk to rush home and change into your hero costume, then ran to the train station to help the pros.

i just started watching goblin slayer so it was hard to resist lmao