Chapter 22

It was finally time to decide on hero names. In the end, you decided that you would reveal that you're...a pro hero. Shota and Toshi were really against it, but in the end they finslly agreed, but made you swear that it would not go public.

~

"Night-Time Pro Hero, Daybreak." You announced with a straight face.

Everyone stared at you in awe for a moment until Bakugo stood up and yelled, "I knew it!"

Midnight gave you a concerned look.

"Yes. I am the pro hero, Daybreak. I'm sorry for hiding it from everyone. I hope we can still be friends."

"Hell yeah!" Mina exclaimed. "I always thought you were cool, but this is even cooler!"

"Um, (Y/N)-chan?" Deku said quietly while raising his hand. "Why are you at U.A. if you're a pro?"

"Because my parents rushed me into being a pro at a young age," you explained. "I never got proper training for either of my quirks, so I'm here in hopes of strengthening my skills."

You glanced at Todoroki. He was staring at you with such a bright look in his eyes, his face resting on his closed hand. His bracelet showed a little from his sleeve. You blushed a little. Lots of other people were just staring, others were mumbling amongst themselves in amazement.

~

"Well, looks like it was a success. And you made sure nobody will talk about it?" Toshi asked you.

"Yeah. I'm happy I did this. I think doing it sooner rather than later saved a lot of friendships."

He ruffled your hair and smiled at you.

~

You went home later than anyone else, and on the way, found a notebook on the ground. The cover said "Hero Analysis for the Future", so you opened it up and flipped through the pages. There were drawings and pages of information on different pros. At the very last filled page, there was a picture of you. At the top, you could see that the word "Daybreak" was erased, and it now said (F/N) (L/N), and the fact on the very bottom said, "my best friend."

"Deku?" You said quietly. Your heart warmed as you smiled at it. "I should go return this to him."