Chapter 28

"You did WHAT to me?!" you screamed into your phone.

You had just gotten back to the dorms with Shoto after your date, and your parents had given you a call, so you told Shoto that you were going to step outside for a moment.

Angry tears streamed down your face as you demanded explanation once again to try and understand what exactly they had just told you.

"Calm down, honey," your father's quiet voice plead.

"I'm so sorry. It's exactly like we said. A week before your sixth birthday, your Quirk hadn't shown signs of developing at all, so we took you the doctor and they gave you some medications, shots, and injections to help it come out and grow strong. And...we had someone else with a special quirk replace those memories with ones that made it seem like you'd always had your Quirks."

"Stop talking to me like I'm a child!" you yelled as soon as she stopped talking. "So you did only GOD KNOWS how many illegal things because I may have been Quirkless? You erased a part of my childhood, and then put the rest of it into this hellish training because your ranks didn't meet your damn standards?!"

You were so glad that you weren't at home anymore. You might have punched that woman in the face. She really did put you through so much. Once you turned 8, you were to train, every single day, to condition your body and Quirks. This was seriously pissing you off. You would rather have been Quirkless than live this fake life that you were still living.

Your parents were silent on the other side of the line. You could feel how disappointed they were in themselves. You had never  gotten this angry, much less at them.

"So what other lies have you been hiding from me?"

A short pause, before your mother took a deep breath, "None, sweetie, I promise. I'm so sorry. We love you more than anything."

You scoffed. "Sure you do." You hung up the phone, your vision blurring as the tears fell faster. You walked back inside the dorms and fiercely wiped your eyes with your sleeve, looking for Shoto. You decided you would keep this a secret from everyone, and actually keep it this time.  You finally found him, and he looked at you with worry.

"Are you okay?" he asked carefully, not wanting to face the wrath either, if that was the case.

"Yeah. I'm fine." you plopped down next to him on the couch and buried your head on his shoulder. His lips curled up just a bit, and he wrapped one arm around your shoulder, bringing you a bit closer.