Child Hermits (Part 3): Hide and Go Seek

Author's note
ARGH FINALLY- ;-;

On the matter my notifications thingy, still not fixed... On top of that, books by my senpais are being discovered by moi drastically later than they should, and then I get too nxxvoxs and feel like I've dxxapxxnxed them by being xaxe and I can't comment now or it'll be axkxxrx and they'll nxx cxxe xxyxorx and-

We should really be getting started, whoopsie! Got a lil off topic there. : D

EDIT: GUESS WHO JACKED UP AND REALISED HOW LONG THIS WAS WHEN SHE WROTE THE DOC-XISUMA-PYTHON FINDING PART AND KIBDA FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW MUCH WAS LEFT AND IF SHE SHOULD SPLIT IT AND IF SHE WAS BEXXX XXXXX-

Headcannons in this chapter
- Joe is a good child. Dad. But also child.
- Wels' guard. It-it go... It go... Clang!
- Iskall is a dog guy. Doesn't take genius to figure out why ;3!
- Both Mumbo and Iskall are tol, even as kids. Iskall continued shooting upwards until now, whereas Mumbo sorta stopped for a bit until teenager-age came and he suddenly shot up as well. Mumbo is still currently growing, though at a slower rate.
- Ren can climb really well. He also leaps and latches onto tall objects when scared once, and immediately let's go once scared twice. Doc teases him with the nickname 'Rencat' because of this.
- Ren was kinda clumsy as a child, mostly because he doesn't pay attention to where things are.
- Hybrids don't got the hang of their lil hybrid parts yet!... And the kiddos in general have a lot more challenges to overcome. And in a server with hybrids, magic and a kid-admin, what could possibly go wrong?
- Fire demon can (mostly) control fire. Surprisingly. This fire is hot. Also surprising.
- Demons sense different emotions with higher accuracy. So, they're like an empath that may or may not absolutely destroy you when you're feeling the most down immediately.
- Did I cast the spell? Did vex magic cast the spell? Who cares, you got hot food whenever!
- Flower danger noodle.
- Science goggles totally make you look at least 20% cooler. Wear them whenever you're doing something even remotely scientific, they're literally that cool. Y'all have no idea whether I'm being sarcastic or not and that's... Kinda funny to meh :3
- The girls are fond of stories.
- Cub can't cook. Which is weird, since most of the other redstoners are mom-level cooks... Like, Cub isn't even at the 'ramen-noodle' stage, he'll somehow end up burning water, I swear-
- I can't sing. Or rap. But I can occasionally feel inspired enough to use rhyming couplets.
- We have a cookie loving boi. That definitely cares about us, I know he does!
—————————————————
It was... Quiet.

He himself was a quiet person, he supposed, but... Without the loud chaos of the usual server banter... It was... Quiet.

Not bad, but not quite good either...

And though he had always wished for nothing but a little quietness, Joe found himself missing everyone else.

From underneath big blanket he'd found earlier, TFC gave a small sound; the baby looked at him strangely, in the curious, innocent way all babies look at you. Then, slowly, he lifted his arms at him.

"... U... Up..." TFC babbled, much to the interest of the seven year old. Joe smiles, before complying and picking up the small babe in his arms.

"... I'm not as good as it as... Miss Wolfy is... B-But she told me to keep you, and everyone else once they come back p... Pro... Prot... Safe... So I will!"

So now, Joe expected the arrival of his friends with much more anticipation.
——————————————————
Ok. Where were they...?

...

It seemed that searching for the children would be harder than AC thought. Well, it was hard anyway, but this time it would be harder.