Bittersweet

Author's note
BECAUSE I CAN. SHUSH-

Bittersweet is by Panic! At The Disco

I have no idea how these two actually met and became such goals. Therefore, my imagination is free to run wild with no purposeful references to the actual meeting.

And no, I have not done much research. At all :3.

No headcannons this time, because I want to see if how early y'all can guess the characters before the really obvious giveaway ;3~

(Pssst... It'll be switching POV... But I'll specify which POV it is, don't worry >; D)

————————————————

'I'm just setting, I'm just setting a trap
And I'm not pulling, no
I'm not pulling for you, you're just pulling at me
I'm not a betting man but this is a sure thing...'

(Person A POV)

When Xisuma first told us about a new member joining, I was honestly very curious. New members were always fun to talk to because of how excited they were at every little thing.

I assumed they were going to be another builder, as the majority of the server was.

That was the only disheartening thing. Builders usually didn't understand much redstone, and I don't know why they'd try to learn any without reason.

With building, however, it was more important to know at least a bit of it. Hiding circuits and building bases would be a pain if you didn't!

Regardless, a new member was a new member; even if we would hardly speak again, it would be rude to not welcome them.

... And maybe I could have a little... Fun... While doing so...

Person A snickered to himself, collecting only the resources he'd need for once. The new member didn't need to immediately die... That would be for later pranks.

There was nothing wrong with a teeny scare though!

Or, that's what Person A kept repeating to himself as he zipped over to where Xisuma said they'd greet the newbie.

"At spawn, like with the other new members!" The admin had announced, just after mentioning the newbie's most likely time of arrival.

Luckily, X wasn't currently in that area, so Person A was free to set up this mini jump scare of his.

Just the teeniest bit of TNT should do it... A bit of redstone... And a single pressure plate, with some dud rocket-dispensers scattered about.

This was going to be a great 'welcome to Hermitcraft' surprise! Mystery new member would most likely love it more than Xisuma, at least.

Maybe they were like himself, and wouldn't get too scared anyway? It was only a bit of TNT, which none could possibly scream at.

Perhaps they would have similar personalities? That would be much more interesting, and dare he say it, explosive-

Just as Person A thought of that pun, he heard a the tell-tale sound of a pressure plate being activated, someone he didn't recognise making a confused sound...

And then the huge explosion behind him.

Person A speedily took out their C.P.S.T, viewing the other hermits' messages for their reactions.

Person B blew up

Xisuma: WHAT?!

Doc: Didn't he JUST join?