ERROR???: Hostility

Author's note
Ok, this is really starting to worry me now... If this carries on, I'm going to need to warm Magpie- her content is viewed even more than mine...

Maybe this AU is safe? It's supposed to be on lockdown anyway because of faulty access-

... But... It received visitors recently...

X XXpe XotXXNg hXXpXned tX XXem...

Headcannons in this chapter
- This is a more dangerous AU. Not the worst, but

WARNING!

YOUR ACCESS TO THIS ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE IS LIMITED. CONTINUE TO VIEW REGARDLESS?

YES/NO

——————————————
Scar whined, resting his head on top of his daughter's. It was meant to be him protecting her, not the other way around...

Cub gently pushed him off, watching as Scar shook his head the sudden movement, bumping against him in retaliation. Nightingale smiled at their antics, stroking their back affectionately.

"It's ok... I'm sure we'll be fine." She said, standing up despite Scar's protests. "Hey, don't worry! Just get some rest... Alright?"

Nightingale walked away quietly. One last whine could be heard behind her, until there was nothing.

The girl felt a little bad for doing so, but if she was safe yesterday, she was sure she'd be safe tonight.

Besides, as much as she loved her Dad and Papa, they needed rest. It would be impolite to take sleeping time away from them just for a silly, paranoid feeling...

The beasts had been around all day anyway. No one would dare face an angry Doc or Biffa or Iskall or Stress or... Point made. The connection to her world wasn't the best either- Xisuma had made sure of that a long time ago- so that should help too.

Nightingale would keep this world safe. She would not let anything harm her friends.

The sky was dim, she noted. An inky stroke of black, smattered with stars. Most of the beasts would be asleep at this time, aside from those who thrived best at night.

Soon, she would be able to see Mumbo's huge form meandering the darkness, silent and swift. False would join him in the dark, and perhaps he'd stay to greet her instead of running away this time...

Maybe some others would still be awake. Maybe they would wander their world, crawling or stalking or flying across the landscape...

Free to be welcomed by the forest, nestled within the comfort of nature.

Free to dive beneath their favourite pool, warmed and cocooned in flowing liquid.

Free to stay high -very, very high- so which if they stared for long enough, the night sky would be their eyes, and their eyes the night sky.

Free to sleep and free to play. Never confined, never afraid.

This would be a peaceful night.

A darkened sky, lights, shining, spinning above...

Darkened rooftops, darkened shops...

Darkened, dark, darkness, but the smattering of stars...

Lights in the dark, light in the dark, two spots of light just ahead in the d-

When morning sun rises and the beasts awaken (or settle down), they would not find what Nightingale had found.

Neither would they find Nightingale.

————————————————
Author's note

WARNING!

YOUR ACCESS TO THIS ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE HAS BEEN TERMINATED. GO TO ANOTHER INSTEAD?

YES/NO