Upon Her Phone Screen

• Dedicated to That guy that plays with girls

»Nicole's POV«

I was shocked. I didn't know what to do. I looked at the caption and it said "I love this girl so much, she is my everything"

I was already pissed when I first saw the picture, but the caption sent me to a level beyond pissed.

Just like all the other times I was unsure of what to do, I called Matt over. I never call him unless it is super important, which this one is, so he was over in less than two minutes.

»Matt's POV«

My phone was in my back pocket while I was rummaging through my pantry. It started to vibrate, and it tickled. Nicole was calling me. This had to be important because she only calls when she needs...me, I guess that's why she calls me.

I picked it up and said, "I'll be over there in a sec," before she said anything.

I ran up to her house and walked right in, her whole family knows and trusts me so that's a plus.

I looked in the kitchen first because I was the first level and that was one of her favorite rooms. I knew if she wasn't in there, she would be in her room, so that's where I'm headed right now.

"Nic, you okay?" I asked when I found her.

All she did was show me the screen of her phone. She was on Twitter, and there was a picture of two people kissing.

"Yeah, what about..." That's when I realized it was her boyfriend all over, literally all over her.

"Nic, I'm sorry, he isn't and never was worth it. He never deserved you."

I looked at her, she looked hurt, pained, and...heartbroken. I could not let her stay like this. I had to do something...but what...?

"I hate him. What the hell is his problem? First he lies and said that he texted me, which he didn't, then he got mad at me for spending time with you, now he's with that slut!" She said angrily as tears started falling down her face. I just sat down next to her and embraced her in my arms, letting her cry on my shoulder. It hurts me seeing her this upset, I really want to kick his ass for treating her like this. I would never treat anyone like that, especially her.

»Nicole's POV«

See, Matt was always there. I felt so safe in his arms, like nothing could ever hurt me again. When I got enough air and courage, I spoke without any tears erupting from my eyes.

"Matt?"

"Yeah, Nic"

"I love you, Matt"

"...I love you more"

"What should I do, I mean, I just want him gone." She asked.

I had so many ideas for her to say to him, but all I said was, "Break up with him for good, he doesn't and never will deserve you."

"Okay...thanks. I just want you to know that I love you and love that you have always been trying to warn me, I'm sorry I never listened."

"Are you over him?"

"Its easier said than done, Matt, but I'm pretty sure I am...and I'm in love with someone else" she said and whispered the last part.

"Ok, good" I said, the last thing she said still stuck in my head. Inside my head I was asking so many questions, like who does she love now? Is it me? Should she ever love me the way I love her? Does she...?

"I love you, Matt"

"I love you, Nicole"

"No, Matt, not in the way you think I meant it," she whispered.

"I know exactly what you mean, and I feel the same way towards you. I love you Nicole." Then she leaned in and I embraced her in my arms until we fell asleep like that.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

About six more days of me comforting her, from taking two whole days watching Netflix, and pigging out on ice cream and pizza, to a bunch of other stuff that she wanted to do. Of course, we had to go to school after the weekend. It was sucky as always. The worst part was that Nicole had to see Austin. She never officially broke it off with him, so I helped her. So I came up with her breakup plan.

So she walked up to him, and was all nice and couple-y to him, which had to be hard for her. Then in the middle of a conversation, she said, (*bows* thank you, thank you!) "I am done with your shit, because you're shit" then she smiled, "Bye you douche bag!" And walked away.

That was the highlight of my week.

Or so I thought.