Chapter 9

POV : Alyssa

As I arrive in the kitchen I can see the girls are all ready. I came back late last night and I needed more rest than them. Leonor has already given food to Archibald who is purring in Jen's arms.

-Sorry I didn't get up this morning... thank you for taking care of Archibald. I say.

-Well that's just normal. Says Leonor.

-You came back quite late yesterday. How was it ? Jen asks.

-Sam taught me how to play « Mutual » at the guitar in the garden he showed us yesterday and then we ate together.

-You spent quite a lot of time together... says Leonor with a hint.

-What do you mean ?

-Well... you have a lot of common points, he teaches you songs during the night... He seems to really enjoy your company !

My heart starts to race. Does Sam really enjoy me that much ? I can't think of him as more than a friend... Now that Leonor said that, I'm scared he might have some feelings for me. I can't think of it being mutual... Jen sees that I am embarassed and tries to calm me down.

-Don't worry Alyssa, those things take time. Don't start panicking !

-Yeah... By the way, He said that he wants me on the stage of the Drake Friday.

-Really ? That's good news! Girls we need to celebrate that ! Prepare your most beautiful dresses!

-Aren't you doing a bit too much Helen ? I ask.

-Not at all !

We all start laughing together. I can't wait for Friday night !

**********

POV : Shawn

It's Thursday now and as usual, I am on my way to Sam's house. As I walk across the vet clinic, I think of this girl I see each afternoon. I have been thinking a lot of her these last days. I don't know what she did to me but something clearly happened. Maybe I'm imagining myself films but I don't mind, she makes me smile. I arrive at the clinic on the other side of the road, but she doesn't come out as she usually does. Is she gone? My heart starts racing. I hope she is still here, I like these moments when we smile at each other. She is beautiful and seems so kind. I stop and stare at the door, waiting for her to come out. I hope so much she is still here !

When the door opens and she steps out, my heart races. I see she looks at me, surprised that I waited for her. Her smile makes me laugh a little. God I don't know her but she brightens my days !

I continue my way to Sam's, my heart full of joy. When he opens the door to me, he can see I am in a good mood.

-Hey buddy ! He says. What happened ? I haven't seen you like this for a long time !

-Nothing bro.

-Are you sure ?

-Definitely ! It's just that girl I see everyday. You know I told you about that girl of the vet clinic.

-Yeah ! You talked to her ?

-No. I don't know anything about her.

-You should try and talk to her. Ask her her name.

-How ? I'll get so nervous if she approaches me !

-Wait for her tomorrow. Cross that street and talk to her ! You won't be nervous ! You sing in front of thousands of girls and you can't talk to one of them ?

-Well I guess that's true !

-Oh come on !

I want to change that conversation so I decide to tell him that the Drake Underground called me to sing tomorrow night. I can see something's wrong when he says he's happy for me.

-What's going on ?

-Nothing. I had planned to make a friend sing a song or two that night.

-It's OK, I'll let her sing a bit ! You'll just have to make her go on stage when I'll call for volunteers!

-Really ? You're great thanks !

Sam helped me organise the list of songs I will sing tomorrow and practice, even though I come back from a tour. Practicing was in fact just a way of spending good time together. We ate pizzas and watched a movie together and talked about all sorts of things.

When I came back home, I put myself to bed and fell asleep, feeling excited about so many things : tomorrow night, that girl from the vet clinic...

POV : Alyssa

Tonight, I am baking a cake while the girls are painting their nails and doing all sorts of girly stuff. I don't have to go to the vet clinic tomorrow because it will be exceptionally closed, there are tools that need to be repared, and I am off the whole weekend. I put the music out loud in the kitchen and I sing and dance while preparing the cake. The music changes to «Lost in Japan» from Shawn Mendes and I suddenly hear a scream in the living room and Jennifer runs into the kitchen.

« I LOVE THAT SOOOOOOOONG! »

She turns the volume up and starts singing with me. I take the whisk as a microphone and she takes the wooden spoon and we start a show in the kitchen. Leonor films us with her phone and puts it in her instagram story.

-You girls are crazy ! Says Helen. But I still love you !

We ended the day singing our favorite songs and dancing in the kitchen, enjoying those unique moments. When I was left alone with Jen, I told her what happened today. I told her that I was late tonight when I got out of the clinic, and that Shawn Mendes waited for me on the other side of the road. She looked at me with an amused face. I think she imagines even more things than I do but I don't want to end her dreams.

Suddenly, my phone rings. It's a text from Sam :

Sam : Hey Alyssa ! A friend of mine organises a party on Saturday night. Would you and the girls want to come ?

-Sure ! We'd love to :

Sam : Great ! Make sure to have a good outfit ;)

-Don't worry for this ! ;)

-Girls ! I scream. We're going to a party Saturday night !

-Really ? Yells Helen.

-Yes ! A friend of Sam's organises a party ! He said we need a good outfit. I don't have any...

-I'll help you choose a dress tomorrow ! Says Jen.

-I'll have to work tomorrow says Leonor. But I already have a dress. I'll have to leave you I'm sorry.

-I'm staying with Jennifer and Alyssa. Says Helen. I don't have any proper dress either.

-Good ! Says Jen. I'll be your stylist !

These two next days will be so exciting !