Part 2, chapter 2

POV : Shawn

-OK one last shot and we're done ! Andrew says from the other side of the glass wall.

We've been recording the whole day and I'm exhausted. This is the first day of a whole month recording serie and I'm already tired. Usually I love doing this, creating the songs I thought about, keeping some and abandoning others, letting my feelings burst out of me... But right now it feels like it's not the time for me to do so. Alyssa just left and I miss her so much it sometimes feels like I'm going mad. I can't focus on anything, I can't get her off my mind! This girl is driving me crazy! Right now is the twenty-third time we record the chorus, just because I kept messing up with the lyrics. And the worse of all is that nobody seems to notice I'm not feeling well.. I just want to go home and sleep for six months straight.

-Shawn let's go ! What are you waiting for?!

I jump as they got me out of my daydream. I put on my headphones and sing one last time, trying to do my best to let my feelings express themselves in the song but nothing comes out of me excepts for notes and words. There is no emotion in my song... but everyone's happy with it. I don't feel like doing it again, I'll listen to everything tomorrow. I grab my bag and get out in the street when I feel my phone ring. My heart races when I see the name on my phone. It's a text from Alyssa. I immediatly open it and look at the picture she sent me. It's a selfie she took in front of the Calvin Klein campaign... We can see a huge poster of me in trousers behind her. But gosh look at Alyssa... She is so beautiful! I stay a moment here, staring at her wide brown eyes and her pale skin, her long wavy brown hair and... her smile! I love seeing her smile! For the first time since she left, a natural smile lits up my face. I love her, that's all I know. "Am I not the luckiest girlfriend on earth ?" she says in her text.

-Hey Shawn! How are you? Oh... who's that girl? A feminine voice asks behind me.

I turn around, ready to see the engeneering lady but in front of me is a tall girl, my age, with long straight blonde hair and wide blue eyes. She has a lot of makeup and lipstick but she is quite beautiful.

-Mary? It's been a while! What are you doing here ?

-Well I moved in a new flat not far away. I see you're back in the studios... recording ?

-Yeah I am...

-You didn't answer my question... who's that on your phone? You were staring at that pic.

-She's my girlfriend. I answer, quickly locking my phone so that she can't see the picture anymore. I hope she didn't look at it very closely... I wonder why she's asking that. It's so strange... I haven't seen her for three years and she shows up asking me who I was looking at...

-Oh come on Shawn! We all know you don't really have a girlfriend!

-Excuse me ?

I can't believe what she just said! Did she really just say that ? She comes close to me and leans forward to whisper in my ear :

-Shawn... all the people who know you a little, we know you're lying. We know you said that for your fans to leave you alone. You have no proof of your relationship. And...you're not that kind of guy. Having a lasting relationship is not in your habits...