Chapter 30: goodbyes

POV : Alyssa

-Please stay a bit longer here... I beg him, as I feel my eyes filling with tears. Please let me stay in your arms forever...

-I'd love to babe... he whispers, caressing my cheek with his hand, holding me close to him with the other.

Shawn stayed the whole day at my appartment and helped me pack everything. Now it's time for me to leave and I stay as long as I can in his strong protective arms before we leave for the airport. I can feel his warm breath in my neck, his muscles under his shirt, his fingers running through my hair, his skin against mine... All those feelings that make me happy, that make me feel invincible... I won't be able to feel them for months... Tears roll down my cheeks and I feel his fingers wipe them out.

-Don't cry babe, I'm still here, and even if you leave, I'll always be here for you, I promise. Here, I brought you this.

I look down at the smal red velvet box he slowly opens.

-You bought me a necklace ?

He takes it out of the box and puts it around my neck. It's a discreet silver necklace with a pendant shaped like a...

-It's a guitar and a microphone. He says. The guitar for me, and the mike for you. That way you'll remenber I'll always be with you.

-It's so beautiful... thank you !

I let my fingers run through the diamonds of the instruments and I feel Shawn taking me closer to him. I feel his heart racing and mine accompanying his. His hands wander under my shirt and over my back as mine run through his beautiful brown curls. His lips gently land on mine and we kiss passionately for long minutes. His breath accelerates as he pulls me closer and closer to him.

-I love you Alyssa... I love you... I hear him whisper between two breaths, to which I respond by tightening my grip around him.

After long minutes, he gently lets go of me and I can feel tears filling my eyes again.

-We must go Alyssa. We really must go now...

I pick up my bags with a heavy heart and walk down to the car where Sam and the girls are waiting for us.

-Ah! Here you finally are lovers! Sam exclaims. Let's go!

We pack my bags in the trunk and all get on board. During the whole trip, my friends played my favorite songs on the radio to cheer me up, taking care of avoiding Shawn and Olly's. These friends are part of my best friends now and I know I'll miss them so much !

We sang together and laughed out loud during the one hour trip to the airport. There, they all accompanied me as far as they could. Even Shawn managed to make his way through the groupies and paparazzis to take me in his arms.

I looked at him one last time in his beautiful hazel eyes, trying to contain my tears not to show everyone around our love for each other but damn... it's so hard ! I love him so much I want to scream it to the whole world right now !

I can see his eyes filling with tears and this definitely breaks my heart... I lean forward to whisper in his ear

-I love you Shawn, with all my heart.

He smiles to me and takes my hands in his before humming back to me...

-«Take a piece of my heart and make it all your own, so when we are apart, you'll never be alone...»

***

I turn around and wave at my friends before I pass the police boarder and I can't see them anymore. I can't see them anymore... This sentence is horrible. My trip in Toronto is over, I am going back to France, I'll see my friends and family there, but who am I leaving behind? Olly, Jen, Leonor, Helen, Sam.... and... Shawn, my boyfriend. My one and true love of my life.

I walk past the police boarder, board the plane and sit at my seat, my heart at the edge of devastation. It seems like no one else is around. I barely notice the people sitting next to me... I just stare at the nothingness through the plane window. I put on my headphones and play my music on shuffle mode. And just like the day I was leaving from Paris, the music that plays is «Life of the Party». Tears roll down silently on my face as I remember asking myself two months ago wo would be my love. Who would be my Life of the Party. In my dreams, I have imagined so many men, Italian, African, Australian, French... but who would have imagined that my Love would be Shawn Mendes, worldwide famous pop singer, living at the other end of the planet ?

Shawn , my love, when will I see you again ?

End of part 1, part 2 coming in the next chapter!