Part 2, chapter 5

POV : Andrew

I finish packing the last instruments, guitars and headphones we used today and finally get to rest a bit. We recorded all week and I'm exhausted. However, Shawn seems to never get tired. He's not as he used to be last week, that's for sure! I remember his sad look and his lack of motivation when he started to record again. This was not what we were used to, but now he seems to have found joy again. Maybe it's because of that girl... he spends more and more time with a girl named Mary. Today she spent the whole day at the studio. I glance through the glass wall and take a look at them. They are sitting face to face in the recording area, and Shawn is laughing joyfully. I can see the way this girl looks at him. She clearly wants to be more than friends with him, and I'm scared it's the same for him. I'm not sure, but I think she is the girl he hung out with two years ago.

I remember one day when he didn't come to work. He spent three days locked up in his room. He had a girlfriend that he didn't see much, and he had this friend, I think it was Mary. They often went out together, until they became more than friends. It lasted for a moment before Shawn's girlfriend found out. And of course she broke up with him, and he felt so sorry about that. He didn't know what to do as he didn't really love Mary, but eventually he continued to spend «good time» with her until they lost sight of each other... until now.

I don't want Shawn to do the same mistakes as he did before...

****

POV : Alyssa

I turn around again and again in my bed but I can't get to sleep. Tonight's images keep turning in my head, Jame's words... they cut deeper than knives. I can't get myself out of this nightmare... I don't know what to do...

«You little b*tch ! You lied to me !»

I can feel the knife on my stomach again, it's like it's still there...

I pull the blanket over my head and let my tears roll down my cheeks as I sob my heart out.

« -Listen now Alyssa. You're not going to play that game with me. You're so pathetic that you invent yourself a love story with your favorite singer...

-I...

-Now you're going to stop that right now. And from now on, you are my girlfriend.»

And then the tip of the knife coming through my skin, just enough to make a few blood drops run out.

I don't want that... I don't want James... I can't do that... But I know I don't have the choice. He can tell everyone in the school I fake a relationship with Shawn and everyone will believe it. And if I refuse to do what he wants, he'll force me in a way or another, and I don't want it to be by violence.I know he could do that...

I feel so lonely right now, I can't tell anyone of my problems. I don't want to tell anyone. But I think I should tell Shawn. I grab my phone and call him.

*****

POV : Andrew.

I grab a beer and walk through the flat. The music is paying loud, colors are flashing everywhere and drunk people are dancing or already sleeping. The whole crew came at this party and Shawn is here, as well as Mary. I am the one trying not to get too drunk to keep an eye on him and avoid having him doing stupid things tonight, as it's my job and he's a bit drunk. I open all the doors and stick my head in each time, hoping to see him.

I open the kitchen door and stay a second speecheless before the scene in front of me.

Mary is sitting on the kitchen table and Shawn is standing in front of her, holding his face between his hands, kissing her passionately.

Wow. I didn't know they were a couple.

They are both so absorbed by the moment that neither of them noticed me. So I gently close the door and walk away.

I look for a calm place for me to sit, still thinking of what I saw... How could he not tell me about that?

I finally enter the cloakroom and sit on a pile of clothes to rest. As I am about to fall asleep, I feel someting vibrating under me. I put my hand in the coat where the vibration come from and grab the phone. It's Shawn's. OMG. What'shappening? The lockscreen is full of notifications. There are 8 missed calls and tons of messages... All coming from one single person : a girl named Alyssa...

« -Shawn<3, are you asleep? I'm sorry it's late in Canada but I need to talk to you right now...<3

-Shawn ? <3

-Hey babe, I know you're not asleep, please answer... <3

-Honey please !!! I really need you !

-Holy crap Shawn why don't you answer? I know you recieve my messages!!

-Shawn it's bad here, I need you...

-It's really bad... »

Oh my God. Mary is NOT Shawn's girlfriend... What has he just done ?