Chapter 14

POV : Alyssa

Shawn and I have spent a few afternoons together and with some friends of his since the party where I really met him. I enjoy spending some time with him. Not because he is famous, but because I have discovered in him a whole hidden personnality. He is a very kind boy, he doesn't always talk about him, he prefers listening to other people, learning things and trying new activities. He is very sweet and doesn't like to share personal information. I can understand that.

As I spend time with him, I think more and more of him at night. I can't take him off my mind. I think I'm falling in love. This is killing me. How can I, the French girl who wants to become vet, fall in love with the worldwide famous singer ? This is impossible. I try to tell myself he won't ever love me, but I can't help falling in love with him...

-Jen ? I ask

-Yes ?

She comes and sits next to me on my bed. The other girls are watching a movie in the living room.

-I have a problem... I'm in love.

-That's not a problem sweetie... Love is beautiful !

-But love sucks when you love somone who doesn't love you...

-How can you tell he doesn't love you ?

-He's worldwide famous, thousands of pretty girls are in love with him. I'm just a random French teenage girl. I'm not super rich or super sexy. I don't have any great talent... nothing extroardinary ! How can he love me ?

-Maybe he's not in love yet, but I need to tell you something. You are an amazing girl. You are really pretty, and quite sexy I must admit. You have common interests with him. You may not be super rich or super famous, but that makes you special. That makes you different from him and from his friends. That's the reason why he sends you messages every day and invites you to go out with him and his friends. You are the friend that was missing to him. And I think you will one day be able to be more than his friend.

-You relly think that ?

-I am sure !

She hugs me tight and that made me feel better. Since a few days, I keep watching videos of Shawn to learn things about him, but I discovered that some things he says to the journalists are not true, he keeps some parts of him secret. I want to discover all of them, I want to know everything about him ! I want him to hold me tight and to never let go.

I get up and eat some cookies Helen has baked yesterday. I haven't been out of the whole day and it makes me a bit depressed. I should practice some sport. I look at myself in a mirror. Today I have put some denim overalls with a yellow jumper and my hair is messy. Just a horrible random Sunday look. I sit down in the couch next to Leonor and Helen who are devouring a whole box of popcorn while watching « Notting Hill » when my phone rings. It's a message from Shawn. I take a quick look at my phone, Leonor and Helen don't really know how close I am to him.

Shawn : Hi Lily, would you like to hang out with me tonight ? (he likes calling me Lily)

-Sure ! I would love to !

His answer arrives nearly as soon as I send the message.

Shawn : Great ! I'll wait for you at 9pm at the parc !

-OK !;)

When I think of the fact that I'm sending messages to one of the world's most famous singers, it feels like I'm in a dream. It can't be real ! But it is. Tonight we'll meet, just the two of us. My heart starts beating so fast. I'm getting nervous. I really am in love with him...