Chapter 12: I don't even know your name

POV : Shawn Mendes

-So how was it yesterday ? Asks Aaliyah. Were you the only one to sing ?

-It was great ! I had a lot of fun ! Some people came on stage to sing a few songs...

-I bet you were the best !

-Of course I was ! They weren't good singers. Except for one. There was a girl that sang two of my songs, «Mutual» and «A little too much». She was very good ! I was impressed !

-Really ? She sang your songs ? She's courageous, because you have set the standards very high !

-Haha yes but she managed to do get over this !

-You have to give me her name ! I must hear that !

-I don't know her name...

-What ?

-I don't know her name !

Before she could answer, mum called from downstairs :

-Aaliyah ! Are you ready ? You'll be late !

-I'm coming !

She kisses me on the cheek and hugs me.I love those moments with my sister. She's so sweet and funny !

-Bye sis ! Have a nice day with your friends !

-Thank's ! Bye Shawn !

She runs downstairs and leaves with my mum. I end up alone at home, as my dad is working today. I have sometime just for me so I decide to pick up my guitar and play a few random chords. I stay like this, daydreaming for a few minutes, and when I come back to myself I realise my fingers are playing «I don't even know your name». I need to know this girl's name. We can't just continue meeting each other and pretend like nothing has ever happened. When we danced together yesterday, she seemed so nice, so cute. She's courageous and shy, and so beautiful ! I can't think of never meeting her again, but I guess that's what is going to happen. However, I'll still try something, nothing's hopeless !

I pick up my phone, put it on a support in front of my bed and start filming.

« Hi everyone ! I hope you're all going well ! I thought you guys might like this acoustic version of « I don't even know your name » so... here we go ! »

******************

POV : Alyssa

Today is a sunny day and we are going to visit the city before going to that party tonight. I was doing my makeup with Helen and Leonor, laughing as we were telling each other jokes, when I heard a scream coming from Jennifer's bedroom.

-ALYSSA ! YOU MUST SEE THIS !

-What ?

-COME HERE ! QUICK !

I run to her room and find her sitting on her bed, her phone in her hand and a wide smile on her face.

-Look at that ! She says, handing me her phone.

I look at it and see a video of Shawn Mendes on his instagram. It's an acoustic version of «I don't even know your name».

-What's so special about this video ? Yeah it's beautiful but I don't see why you're so excited about it !

-He posted it this morning !

-And ?

-Can I ask you a question ? When you told me what happened yesterday, I don't remember you telling him your name. Right ?

-Omg, Omg, Omg, Oh my GOD ! You're right ! Does that mean... Does that mean this video is for ME ?

-Well I think it could be !

Wow ! Shawn noticed me ! I can't believe it ! The thing is I'll probably never see him again...

-What's happening in here ? Asks Leonor entering the bedroom.

-Nothing, don't worry !

-Sure ?

-Yeah ! Everything's OK ! Are you ready to go ?

-Yes we've finished packing our bags.

-Then let's go !

-Which dress do you prefer ?

-You look gorgeous Helen ! Both dresses suit you very well !

We are getting prepared for the party and I can't wait to meet new friends ! I borrowed one of Leonor's dresses and it suits me so well, I want to steal it ! Who knows, maybe I'll meet a handsome young man... just like Helen met Sam, I'm sure they are in love... I know it seems childish but I believe in true love, just like in the songs on the radio or in the books and movies. I can't wait for my prince to show up and each time I go out I hope I'll meet him. I know that's not how love works in out world but still I believe in it.

I suddenly feel arms around my neck, coming from behind me.

-This party is going to be soooo cool !

-Oh Helen you're so beautiful ! I say, turning around.

-Really ?

-Sam won't be able to resist when he'll see you !

-What are you talking about ? She says, blushing.

-I'm not blind ! You're so cute when you're together !

Her cheeks turn red and she starts looking at the ground .

-Come on Helen ! Let's go and fetch the girls, we need to go, we are already late and you have a man to charm !