Chapter 10

POV : Shawn Mendes

I stand there, looking at the door. The vet clinic is closed. None of the lights are turned on, no one's inside. I just stand here, looking across the street. I won't see her tonight. She's probably gone and I haven't talked to her. I sit on a nearby bench and wait for something to happen, but as you can guess, no one came out. I waited for nearly 20 minutes before I finally decided to go back to my appartment, the one I live in by myself. But before leaving, I took out my phone and decided to add something to my instagram story.

POV : Alyssa

I am sitting on a stool, in front of the big mirror that stands in Jennifer and Leonor's bedroom Jen is doing my makeup and Helen my hair. Tonight is a very important evening for them. Even though I will only be singing two songs, they are very excited. «Marvin Gaye» from Charlie Puth is playing out loud in the room and Helen is singing with the song. Gosh her voice is terrible but I won't tell her. I grab my phone and decide to scroll through instagram. When I see that Shawn Mendes has added something to his story, my heart races. I look at the time. Gosh it's 4.45 pm. What if he was there in front of the clinic and waited for me just like he did last time ? I stayed with the girls and I could have gone there to see him ! I click on his story and a picture of the street appears. I can see the vet clinic,I can recognise the trees on the other side of the road. A few words can be read. It says «All I remember is that smile on your face»... Jennifer looks at my phone above my shoulder.

-Seems like someone's been waiting foryou... she says.

-Yeah... I feel bad for him... I whisper, so that Helen won't hear. That picture is definitely for me.

-Girl you haven't even talked to him. She whispers back. Maybe you'll see him again. He lives in this city and not far away from here as you see him everyday.

I look at the picture again. He's been waiting for me... What if I never see him again ?

-Don't think about this for the moment. She says, trying to cheer me up. Think of tonight. We'll have some great time together. You're gonna kill it on the stage and we'll be having some fun !

She hands me the dress she bought me today. It's a pale pink dress with a few flowers printed on it, that stops just above the knees. It's very cute but classy at the same time. I grab the dress, put it on and go into the living room to finish practicing. Helen sits in the couch in front of me, already prepared for tonight. She chose a blue suit that matches her eyes. She looks so beautiful. Stylish clothes suit her far more than her old jumpers ! Jennifer is finishing her makeup. She attached her hair in a bun and wears a red dress with fringes which make her look like Camila Cabello in the «Havana» video clip, but 30 centimeters taller !

Leonor arrived, got ready and we headed for the Drake Underground at 8, eating sandwiches on the road.

After a half an hour walk, when we finally arrive in front of the building, I notice that the music doesn't come from a recording. Someone is singing live. I push the front door and my heart suddenly stops.

-Girls I can't do this tonight. I say.