12 | REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

❝ what had you expected? ❞

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

IT WAS MONDAY afternoon and three days since Billie had left her number on the picture that she signed. Fallon still did not know what to do with the digits she had gotten from one of the number one rising pop-stars right now.

  But those three days meant that she kept it from her friends, and Brianna was not happy that she learned about it over social media. 

 Fallon told Brianna everything, they were pretty close and never had Fallon hid what she was feeling, ever. 

 But this was not just something random to share. This was someone's phone number, someone famous. 

"Okay, wait." Brianna had been sitting on a purple beanbag along with Andrea but Luna was busy with her work and would come later in the evening when she finished her shift. "Tell me again." 

 Currently, Fallon had been re-winding through the day that they met Billie, and when exactly  Billie gave her the digits. 

 "I told you three times already, Brie." Fallon sighed out of annoyance when the red-head wouldn't believe her and Fallon hung onto the picture with the evidence in her lap, which Brianna had been eyeing ever since. "She quickly wrote her number down while she was signing my picture and you were talking with Luna."

 Brianna shook her head. She noticed everything but she didn't notice anything different when Fallon walked out of the room with the picture in her hand. She had seen that it had been folded which now she knew that it was because she was hiding Billie Eilish's freaking phone number, but she never thought anything of it.

 "I just cannot believe that she would give you her phone number," Brianna shook her head again out of disbelief.

   "have you tried calling it? It could be a fake."

 Fallon shifted her her eyes to Andrea Fox, who was sitting down next to the red-head on the beanbags in her living room. "I wouldn't even know what to say even if I did call it." Fallon shook her head as a no which made Andrea nod away. 

 "I think we should call it." Brianna's eyes lit up like the Christmas lights that were in Fallon's bedroom. "What's the worst that can happen?"

 "Billie gave her number to Fallon, Brie. I think she should call her on her own time." Andrea told the red-head which in return, got a eye roll from the young woman. 

 "It's been three days." Brianna lifted her hands dramatically to try to get her point across that perhaps Fallon has been waiting too long to call her. "She's been waiting for three days."

 "What are we even going to do? Apparently she lives in Los Angeles which is like...five hours away."

 Brianna shrugged her shoulders. "We're moving out there together under a month anyways." Brianna didn't understand Fallon's point, all she heard was excuses of why she wouldn't call the musician.

 "Think about it, people see you hanging out with Billie Eilish and your modeling career will finally start off."

 Fallon sighed out in anger, this is not why she wanted to hang out with Billie but this is how Brianna's brain worked, she only saw the opportunities that hanging out with someone who has a bigger platform would bring in. Brianna always was an ambitious person, but she could also come across as a user.

 But in Brianna's line of work, that's what she had to do to grab opportunities since there was always a photographer in Los Angeles, too many.

 "That's not why I want to hangout with her, Brie. It's never been about how famous I can become off of her." Fallon informed her best-friend who's eyes flickered to the floor. 

 She never started this whole copycat manner to get followers off of Billie, she did it because she loved her as an artist. Because she stood for what Billie stood for because Fallon thought she was this amazing person outside of being a popular musician. She already knew that people on Instagram had already accused her of wanting to use Billie to become famous. 

 "I just think that it could be something that would be beneficial to your career." Brianna spoke out in a low tone, obviously she didn't mean to come off as she did.

     Brianna was about to speak again when she heard noise coming from outside Fallon's house and her eyebrows furrowed when she met Fallon's blue eyes.

 "Did anyone else hear that?" Andrea's head turned towards the windows that were covered by dark colored curtains so they couldn't see outside the house. "Is your mum home already?"

 Fallon shook her head. "No, she isn't suppose to be back for another two days." The blonde fixed her comfy shorts that rid up her legs while she was sitting before opening the door. When she opened it, she saw a number of paparazzi outside her house. 

 They all screamed her name while the camera's flashed and captured her shocked, and pale face before she shut the door and turned to Brianna, who was already on her feet. "Am I dreaming or is there really paparazzi outside my house?"

 Andrea lifted off the beanbag and pulled the curtain's to the side carefully and saw a number of people outside the house holding up camera's at the door, hoping that Fallon would open the door again. "Why the hell are they here?"

 Brianna's mouth opened to shape an O when she suddenly remembered what she saw when she surfed the internet this morning. "The article!" 

 Fallon walked towards Brianna. "Article? What article?"

 Brianna lifted a finger to pause Fallon for a second when she went through her history on her phone to show the girl the article she stumbled across, and then turned her phone towards Fallon who grabbed it quickly.

 Andrea walked towards them as she watched Fallon's eyes move across the screen, and she moved from in-front of her to beside her so she could read it too.

  "Apparently interacting with someone online means that might also be possibly fucking." Andrea's eyebrows rose up when Fallon snapped out. 

 "I mean what did you expect? You interact and flirt with one of the most popular artist online and people are bound to make up assumptions about the two of you." Brianna spoke the truth which made Fallon think for a second. 

 She wondered if Billie read them as well and maybe she regretted giving out her phone number to her now that they said these things about her about the possibility of using her. She was not that person though, and she wouldn't dare give people the satisfaction of being right. She was not like that. 

 "Do you think Billie saw those?" Fallon questioned her two friends, who looked at each other in response and then shrugged her shoulders. 

 "It's a possibility." Brianna told her, and then Andrea finished her sentence with, "You two have something to talk about now, so use the number."