121 | REAL LIFE

❝ and I know it makes you nervous but I promise you, it's worth it ❞

and I know it makes you nervous but I promise you, it's worth it

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Billie had brought multiple wrapped gifts from her room, and moved them out into her family's small living room. Her arms were overflowing as she tried not to drop any presents on the way, her tongue in between her teeth as she concentrated on not letting many fall. The Christmas tree stood tall, and took over their already-too small, living space and was decorated with different golden, silver, and red ordiments hanging from the branches of the evergreen, and underneath the lights were stacks upon stacks for each member of her family, from Finneas to Claudia, her parents and herself, and now the newest- Fallon.

Several presents were already Fallon's but with every re-visit from Billie's room, the small pile was growing rather quickly,  Billie's plump bottom lip was sucked between her teeth as she looked down at the pile, an uneasy feeling growing down in the pit of her stomach.  She knew that Fallon didn't want anything from her family, 'brought the wrong attention' Fallon had initally explained when Billie told her that she was going to get her something expensive. But now that she was looking back at it, Billie understood Fallon's point of view and what her fanbase would think of her. Billie didn't care about what other people cared about her relationship, but Fallon cared and Billie would be lying if she felt a tiny bit of disappointment when she read some of the hate comments left on Fallon's pictures.

 But Christmas was about spending time with family and gift giving was tradition in her household to show appreciation. Besides, Fallon had told her several times that she had bought her family gifts, with Finneas' help since she didn't know her parents as much as she wanted to. If Billie didn't return the favor of getting her and Fallon's family a few gifts, it would make her look terrible and Billie didn't want that.

  From behind her, Finneas walked out of his room with a headset over his head that covered his ears but he took them off once he saw Billie, her face a mixture of emotions as she stood over the Christmas tree with her arms wrapped around her middle. "How much more did you buy?" He asked her, scratching the back of his head.

Billie's lip was still in between her teeth as she gazed towards her older brother, "I couldn't help it." She said with a shrug, "I just kept buying things that I thought she would like . . . god, she's going to kill me." Billie said rather quickly in a nervous tone while tucking her black hair behind her ear. 

 Finneas gave her a small smile that basically reassured her that she would love the gifts she had chosen. "She loves you, Billie. She just doesn't want you to spend any money on her because gifts are just objects." 

  Billie let out a small laugh which shook her shoulders and made her body sway slightly. "She might freak out with what I bought her . . I don't even think I'm ready." She mumbled under her breath while looking down at the medium sized present, wrapped in reflective silver packaging.