𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆

𝙺𝚒𝚖 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚔𝚓𝚒𝚗

I open my eyes slowly as I feel a sharp pain in my head. I close my eyes again because of the sunlight making it even worse. I hear a loud thud from my kitchen making me groan in pain because of my headache. I open my eyes again, realising that I can't sleep forever when I see a glass of water in front of me. It's then that I begin to realise how dry my throat was feeling. Footsteps get closer as I cover my face to hear as less as possible.

"You're awake?" I recognise the voice to be Namjoons as I groan in pain again while removing the pillow from my face. A light chuckle reaches my ears.

"What are you doing here? What happened?" I ask, my voice breaking. I cough a few times as the footsteps get even closer until I can actually see Namjoon. He picks up the glass of water as I already reach out my arms making him laugh. "Thank you." I smile as he lets me drink it.

"To answer your questions, I'm here because Hoseok apparently left with Yoongi at the party and I didn't want to have to sleep to the sound of my best friend moaning someone else's name. Wait, you really don't know what happened? Nothing?" I point the glass towards Namjoon as he smiles and puts it down for me. I cuddle into my blanket when suddenly...

"Ouch! Oh my God, Namjoon my eyes!" I see panic written on his features as I get up and run to the bathroom. I hear his footsteps follow me. Not caring about noise I quickly wash my hands and do everything I can to take out my contacts. "It hurts!" I whine as I try to take them out. "Why aren't you crying in pain! You wear contacts as well!"

"I guess my eyes aren't as sensitive." I finally get them both out as I press my eyes shut tightly. I open them to look in the mirror, realising I can't see anything and try to take a bottle. I hand it to Namjoon.

"Put that in my eyes." I command.

"What? No!" The bottle gets put back into my hands as I sigh in frustration.

"Namjoon, I swear to fucking God put that in my eye!"

"Why me?" He freaks out.

"One, I can't see a thing. Two, you made me go to this party. Three, I might throw up at any moment so the faster you do it the faster I can stop freaking out and make my stomach calm down, because, news flash, NERVES DON'T HELP FOR AN UPSET STOMACH!" I grab his collar in my hand threateningly as he gives in.

"Fine! Lean back." I lean my head back and try to keep my eyes open, but close them immediately whenever they are fully open. "I can't work like this, Jin."

"Well, sorry, but are your eyes burning up right now?" I hold my eyes open with my hand as Namjoon quickly puts the liquid in making me bend back up and blink rapidly. I cover my burning left eye with my hand as tears form in it. "Now we wait."

"Jin?"

"Yeah?"

"The other eye." I sigh painfully as I lean back again and scream as soon as I feel the liquid touch my eye.

We sit at my kitchen table as Namjoon made me some toast while I tried to keep my eyes open while wearing my glasses this time. Worst thing, I didn't dare to tell Namjoon he couldn't cook so I forced it down.

"Thank you." I mumble as we sit there in silence. I look down at my hands to avoid eye contact.

"For what?" He asks with a soft laugh. "Pouring liquid into your already burning eyes?"

"Yeah, that hurt like hell..." I chuckle back as I turn serious right after. "Just, thank you for everything. I'm presuming you brought me home yesterday and stayed with me the entire time... I probably such a burden when I'm drunk. I don't even want to know what kind of nonsense you had to endure. Thank you for taking care of me, Namjoon." I feel his hand cover mine as I look up at him.

"That's what neighbours do, isn't it?" He smiles warmly, making heat rise to my cheeks as I cover them with my hands. "Why do you always do that?" He asks, carefully.

"Do what?" I look up at him.

"Cover your face. You do it when you laugh as well."

"Old habits... Don't worry about it." I smile as he doesn't smile back for once.

"Jin?" He closes his hand around mine as I start to feel uneasy. "You said some things last night... Things that worry me a lot. I ju-"

"Just forgot it. Who cares what someone says when they're drunk?" I see Namjoon frown as I try not to cry in front of him again. God, why am I so pathetic. I take my hand away from his as I cover my face again to not let him see the glister in my eyes that was threatening to fall down.

"That's the problem, Jin. I don't think I can forget. What you said sounded so real... You were breaking down in front of me and I want to be there to comfort you, I really do... But I also want to know why I'm comforting you." He keeps going as I get up from my chair and head to my bedroom to lock the door behind me.

It doesn't take long for me to hear someone knock on the door as I press my eyes shut, remembering the times when I had to lock myself from my own boyfriend. I cary myself into bed and bury me in blankets to then just cry while Namjoon keeps asking to enter.