Chapter 1 - First snowbal fight of winter break

Y/N - Your name.

Hey! My names Y/N and I'm a high school student. I'm in my 4th year of high school. It's been pretty hectic. Being a 17-year-old girl has its ups and down. I'm so glad winter break had finally come.
.
.
I folded my arms as I held myself. God, I loved winter but Jesus was it cold. I had headphones in listening to some Christmas music. Christmas was never my favourite holiday- I didn't really have a favourite holiday. Nothing really happened on a holiday. Maybe Halloween? You don't really have to believe in a figure of imagination to enjoy that. I was shot out of my thoughts as a snowball hit my face.

"Oof-" I audibly said as I fell back from the force.

"Y/N! Jamie- you hit her!!" Pippa squealed as she ran over to me. I laughed and shook my head. Kids am I right?.

"Pippa- dear I'm fine-" I kissed her forehead as she hugged onto me. Jamie ran over and gave an awkward smile.
"Sorry! It was Jack" he smiled.
"Jack? A new friend?" I asked looking around. Jamie nodded as he jumped.
"Yea Jack Frost!!" He said as he held up a drawing. It had so many scribbles but I could vaguely make out the shape of a man.

"Jack Frost eh?- didn't you have a crush on him?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. I yelped a bit as my face flushed.

"I was young!!" I said as I scrambled to my feet and face Ami- she was one of my closest friends. She gave a teasing smirk as her sultry eyes focused on me.

"Hm? Really?- cuz I remember just last year you were reading fan fiction-" I cut her off.

"Hey- at least I didn't have a crush on SANTA CLAUSE" I smirked as I folded my arms. Her eyes widened as she stared at me. Pippa and some other kids snickered.

"Not my fault I like em big?? Besides! He's not a frickin ice boy! Elsa knock off" she scoffed. I fake gasped.

"How dare you! Elsa came waaaayyy after him!" I glared. If there was one thing I was sick of- it was Elsa.

"PFFT- Jack Frost and Santa?? Really you two have terrible taste in men I can't believe I'm your friend-" Mary entered the chat. God, she had such a stupid grin as she fanned herself as she laughed.

"Shut up- you had a thing for the Easter bunny," I and Ami said as we glared at her. Mary turned bright red

"He's got a hot character design!" She defended herself.

"Bi- GIRL HE'S A BUNNY??? at least we liked someone human!!" I said doing dramatic hand gestures. She glared.

"You just liked Jack cuz he's barefoot-" I threw a snowball at her face. Since I was in the presence of children I made an effort to be family friendly. I mouthed the curse words "Bitch fucking fight me"

It didn't take long till everyone was in on the snowball fight. I got tackled by Mary as she shoved snow into my shirt. I squealed as the cold hit my chest.

"OH GOD- MARY ITS IN MY BRA-" I whisper yelled as I sat up trying to scoop it all out before it melted. She smirked a bit.

"Oh that sounds like a you issue"

I shoved snow in her pants.

She's a bitch

But I love her.

Soon enough we all laid down in the snow. The children a giggling mess - somehow my coat and scarf had been removed and I laid there in a sweater and jeans.

"You're gonna get sick-" Ami said as she panted turning her head to me. I laughed a bit as I sang.

"The cold never bothered me anyway~"

She rolled her eyes. A hand slapped my face

"Shut up" Mary groaned. I laughed and sat up shaking the snow out of my dark hair. I got up and went to grab my scarf and coat as well as the backpack I had set aside. Jamie jolted up and smiled brightly.

"Hey! Y/N you can draw right?" He said running up to me.

"YEA SHE CAN-" Mary yelled. God, she's a bitch but she's a supportive bitch.

"You should draw  Jack! And the other guardians!" He offered the idea. Huh, guardians-

"Oh! Sure! It's been a while since I've read the books though" I said as I sat down on a bench getting out my sketchbook.

"There's books?" Jamie asked. I raised an eyebrow

"Well, yea? How else do you know about them?" I asked. He smiled a big toothy grin.

"I've met them! Santa- his real names  North and he has two swords! The tooth fairy has feathers - kind of like a humming bird- and The Easter bunny is so cool!! He has a boomerang and he's HUGE!! and Sandman is small and quite- and Jack- looks normal but has a cool staff and can fly-" he said excitedly as he jumped. I laughed at him sweetly.

Mary and Ami got up and waved to their boyfriends who had now begun to approach them. They mouthed "bye" and "sorry" before walking off with them. Sometimes I wish I had a boyfriend- so I could go with them. Not feel so alone anymore. But then I remember what he did to me that night and all my wants for a man- disappears.

"Y/N?" Jamie said as he looked up at me. I realized I was crying. I quickly wiped my face before smiling.

"Sorry sorry- let's get sketching!"

(A/N: look I know Y/N stories are supposed to be reader inserts but I have a character design and I love it so- Sorry 😭)