Chapter 30- Attack on The tooth palace

So to say the least, we were not in a good place right now. We knew close to nothing about Eclipsa and we had no lead on a possible way to even device a plan. The weight of the situation seemed to finally hit me. 

I wasn't in some dream- I wasn't the helpless teenage girl I used to be. Before the guardians. Before Manny- Before Papa past. . 

The guardians could die

I couldn't

And that was my advantage over the spirits. Over Eclipsa. I had nothing else to loose. 

I sat at my desk in the library, brushing a hand through my hair. It had gotten longer. I didn't have the time to cut it. I scanned over the notes I and Papa wrote sprawled across my desk top. A sudden knock jolted me out of thought. 

"Cookie?" It was Bunny. He held up a silver platter of cookies. I gave a welcoming smile as he walked into the library and set the platter down on the desk. I silently ate some as Bunny's gaze never left me. He cleared his throat and began to speak. 

"Hey-Shiela. I know Im not Jack or the others but - If theirs somethin bugging ya mate. You can talk to me" He said softly. 

I raised an eyebrow 

"..hm? where'd you get an idea like that from" I said shoving another cookie into my mouth. 

"well- you haven't exactly left this ol coop and you haven't been sleeping properly" He said as he gestured to my face. I lifted the now empty silver platter to look at myself. Holy shit my eyes had massive dark circle. 

"Ah yea- I see your concern" I sighed softly as I set the platter down. I leaned back into my chair. 

"Its just- did you know you could die??" I asked suddenly sitting up straight looking up at him. He flinched at my sudden words before nodding. 

"Yea. .  all of us do- well except for Inferno and Jack" 
"Jack knows- It was in my book" I explained as I picked up a pen. I began to doodle on a blank sheet of paper. 

"so is that's whats on your mind eh?" He asked as he squatted down in a comfortable perch. I nodded. 

"I don't know really- I just - I never thought Papa would disappear so quickly but he was gone in a blink of an eye. It. . .It's just so scary to think that the same could happen to you guys" 

I doodled Bunny 

His refined eyes would always remind me of the scent of earl grey tea and evergreen trees. 

"I mean- You all became like a family to me. It scares me to know how attached I've become to all of you. I know all of your routines and schedules and habits- I want to spend the rest of my life with all of you. . . With Tooth and her overly chipper tone and North with his booming laugh and You!" I looked over at him with a smile only a child 

a child with belief 

could give 

"You! and your beautiful painted eggs and hard outer shell- and Jack and his stupid smirk and cool scent that reminds me of winter breezes and his beautiful blue eyes and smile that could-" 

"Uh Sheila- your drooling" Bunny smirked teasing. I turned bright red

"A-Am not!" I wiped my mouth anyway. This caused him to laugh at me. He placed a han- paw???

on my head brushed my hair gently. 

"Don't you worry a pretty lil hair- we won't be leavin you any time soon sheila" He smirked at me. I smiled back. Just then a panicked Jack bursted in. 

"Shadows are attacking Tooth palace" 

my blood ran cold.

Tooth

We all bolted to the door. I picked up my armor slipping it on as I ran. A skill I was working on but managed to do- We all jumped into Norths sleigh (minus bunny (he was such a pansy)) 

When we got to Tooths palace we were all shocked.

The whole place 

was drained of all color, All Life. Not a sound echoed through it's halls. We looked all around calling out for Tooth or a fairy- anyone would've done. 

"Cmon let's give up- they obviously took everyone and everything" Inferno grumbled heading over to the sleigh. Everyone looked as if they were about to agree. I snapped

"How can you say such a thing! I don't know who you think you are but we are not leaving until we search every crevice of palace!" I stomped my foot. 

chirp chirp 

A small noise wrung in my ears. 

"Snow flake cmon-"

"shh!"  I quickly shushed him. I walked towards a stone wall. It had a painting- it was slowly disintegrating. Tooth told me the foreign helpers where up by a few thousands but not enough. . . 

I saw a loose piece of rock- 

I gripped onto it and moved it. A shivering fairy with a teeth case shaking in fear just sitting there.

"Oh baby- no no- you're safe" I cupped the fairy in my hands. She nuzzled into my warmth and let go of the tooth case - I held it up. I was shaken- 

It was me

but not me..?

The case was bronze- not gold like the regular ones. The stones where white and red. Then it hit me. 

This was my past life

This was Tsuki-

I pulled the case into my pocket before bringing the fairy over to the guardians. 

"A fairy- can you tell us what happened?" Jack exclaimed. The fairy chirped not leaving my hands.

Inferno grumbled 

"Isn't it obvious- they took the fairies- the memories and Tooth" He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets. 

It didn't take us long to get back into the sleigh. It was a silent way home. 

My family was disappearing. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Inferno burst into his room at Norths place. He walked up to a mirror. 

" Mirror mirror on the wall 

show me a demon frail and tall 

the queen of shadows be at my side 

show your face tonight" 

 Eclipsa's frame filled the mirror 

"what is it boy- I dont have all day" 

"You left a fairy behind" Inferno gritted his teeth. 

"Impossible!-" 

"No you Left a fairy behind- and the little moon brat is gonna find me out" Inferno scoffed.  Eclipsa grimaced a bit and paused.

"this is troubling - no bother. The war has just begun" 

"yes my queen..."