Chapter 29 - Research

After breakfast I made my way to the library. I had to analyze Papas books- I was trying to ignore them. It pained me thinking of papa. I'll never hear his stupid dad jokes or see his little quirks. No more pancake Sunday's or Whipped cream mustaches or snowflake decorated cupcakes because I could never get enough of winter.

I sat at my desk and stared at the book for a while. I exhaled  heavily before noticing baby tooth. She held up her hands as a thumbs up chirping. I laughed and smiled

"You gonna be my support baby tooth?" I asked as I tilted my head. She chirped nodding as she sat on my shoulder. I felt much better knowing she was there and with that I opened the book. It was a leather cased book with sticky notes and little pieces of paper and ribbon sticking out of them. Papa wasn't the best at keeping his stuff neat. I found a table of context.
This fool really thought of everything.
Pfft - practical papa.
I looked down the long list before something caught my eye
"Secret of fear"
"Hm that could be interesting" I said as I looked down at Baby tooth. She chirped nodding giving me confirmation to proceed. I flipped to the number page and began reading.

"Over my many years of research on the magic of this universe I found that everything this linked to one source. Imagination and Belief of pure hearts. This is the reason why children seem to be the main source of magic in this universe. This comes to no surprise as I found that most dangers of this world seem to attack children. Ignorant trauma, abuse, anxiety, etc.
fear is a major factor that can dim a child's magic source. There are many dear spirits but the king seems to be a spirit named Pitch black or better known as The bogey man. He harvests fear as power. His motives seem to be a rather dramatic way to get attention and to be seen as someone worth noticing- so he's basically a bitch baby"

I choked
Baby tooth seemed to be amused as she began to laugh.

"Oh my god- Papa!!" I laughed. I shook my head, I knew it must've been hard writing down this sort of stuff. To learn the secrets of the world and to keep it within his mind. It only made sense he'd hide some humor in here.

The rest of the notes where simple notes, his power shifted between what style of fears he chooses to harvest. I flipped through some pages. Damn this book was thick. I found a passage that peaked my interest.

The fire heart

"Hm- Wasn't that the thing that was stolen from Infernos kingdom...?" I asked as I looked down at Baby tooth. She gave a hesitant nod before confirming the statement with a nod.

"The fire heart is one of life's greatest achievements- the fire heart is a physical manifestation of human passion. Passion is such a wide genre of emotions. The fire heart drives its powers from emotions of a pure soul as does every magical item in this universe. Passionate emotions seem to be the following love, anger and boldness.(is that an emotion?). The more children experience this the more power derives in the fire heart. With good intentions it can help the pure souls of this world remember what is most important to them or what makes them who they are. But when in the hands of a dark force- the fire heart can be used in such ways that it drives out all desire of a person. Till they become nothing but grey shells or the person they used to be. This is all I know"

The fire heart is such an important thing to a person-
I see why Eclipsa took it.
I flipped and stumbled onto a page.

How to kill a Guardian

They could die...?
The thought made my chest heavy. I couldn't imagine a world without their presence. I mean can you imagine a world without a them? Without jack-

Damn now I needed to see his face

"Jack-."
"You called snowflake" he hung upside down in the air. I screamed
"JESUS FUCK-." I jolted backwards. How the hell did he always appear when I want him too???

He chuckled and watched me get up.
"Sheesh - That was a heavy fall" he laughed. I rolled my eyes
"I'm gonna make you pay" I glared. He smirked and winked at me
"Can't way to dodge your attacks- anyway what are you reading" he picked up the book.

"Wait no!!"

His face dropped as he read this.

"Heh- you'd think you only have to die once in your pathetic life" he laughed sadly. I looked at him and smiled warmly
"I didn't even know you all could die...." I said walking up to him. He scanned the passage.
"Well- If kids stop believing in us- or if we are corrupted- so like what happened to Sandy last year" I couldn't help but feel sad as I gently latched onto his arm- like if I let go he'd disappear. He looked down at me then the book.

"Sooo I don't suppose you need a study buddy?" He smirked handing me the book. I hummed softly smiling up at him gently taking it before lifting his chin with my index finger
"I certainly wouldn't mind"

We both sat down and read the rest of the book-

After 9 hours - (really really fucking thick book)

We found one certain thing

We know literally close to nothing  on  how to stop Eclipsa-

Fuck